Non Mtronic 462's

TX_Welder

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Are non Mtronic 462's coming to the states ?

I had seen a video where a guy said the standard carb 661's were being released here about a year ago and you can get 261's and 362's with standard carbs but not a 462.

I was watching a video yesterday and someone had posted in the comments about recently picking up a non Mtronic 462. I replied to his comment asking if he got it here but I haven't gotten a reply.

So, I plugged in a quick search and lo and behold a dealer about an hour from me lists them on their site. Anybody here know anything about them ?

https://www.stihlusa.com/products/chain-saws/professional-saws/ms462/

Hopefully the link works.

TX_Welder

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Standard carb 462 is all that’s available for order until Stihl can acquire more Mtronic harnesses
I figured it had something to do with supply issues. So are R models with the standard carb available?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
2:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Available might be a stretch. I don’t believe it’s impossible to get them, but you may have to wait a while or hunt one down

TX_Welder

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Available might be a stretch. I don’t believe it’s impossible to get them, but you may have to wait a while or hunt one down
I may have to talk to a few of my local dealers. Got about six of them now in a 20 mile radius. Only had two for years then they exploded all over.

I wanted to put a wrap handle on mine but the cost of the handle is getting nuts. Thinking about selling the whole saw and just getting a new R model. You don't have a used handle laying around do you ?

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
2:29 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I may have to talk to a few of my local dealers. Got about six of them now in a 20 mile radius. Only had two for years then they exploded all over.

I wanted to put a wrap handle on mine but the cost of the handle is getting nuts. Thinking about selling the whole saw and just getting a new R model. You don't have a used handle laying around do you ?
No I don’t. @Matt Schmitt might