New west crankshafts

Gord

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Seem to once again have a shortage of oem 372 crankshafts and was wondering about the quality of these for saws that go back in the work force, seems to be a company that has come more in the spotlight lately and would like to get some feedback on them or if ya happen to have to have some good used oem ones just cluttering up your shop :)

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't know anything specific about the new west cranks @Definitive Dave might know more about them. I've seen several china 365s. On here and a few in my random customer that has me work on them since the husky dealer wont. I'd saw most of them are serviceable for a while. I've always recommended a good oil at min of 40:1 but prefer 32:1. And they seem to last a few years atleast for firewood treeservice

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've never had a real bad crank yet. But I've seen some with terrible runout on the net. Wobble on the flywheel or clutch side. I've had terrible much with rebuilt pwc cranks tho. I have a large list of Never again crank builders.

flyin'chips

Active OPE Member
Local time
2:37 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hi,

I would also like to hear opinions and experiences on am cranks especially for 371/372xp. A new oem is just too expensive for an old saw needing other parts too.

Has anyone seen a reseller for New West in Europe?