Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
7:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Alright Men -

It's time for me to clear out a few cool saws in my collection - like another of our members, I'm gonna need to buy a new truck soon. My trusty old Toyota has 316,000 miles on the ticker and is getting tired.

This is a new, never-used Solo 680. I think the period of manufacture would have been around 1990-92. Solo designed the 680 to be the common, 81cc, professional model for loggers and arborists. I believe these use the large-mount Husqvarna bars, same as 394/395 and 3120 (A large-mount Husqvarna appears to line up with everything correctly and fits the bar studs and tensioner snugly).

I believe this was started at the factory but never run - the bar oil tank is bone dry and has no residue and the gas tank is clean and dry but does have a light odor of purging fluid (it's typical for OEMs to start a saw on the line and then purge the fuel tank prior to shipping). Unfortunately I don't have the original owner's manual or tool kit, but I do believe I have new old stock dawgs for this saw - I'll have to dig those out.

I was told this came from a hardware store in eastern Canada. There's no corrosion or serious dust but it does have a few small scuff marks and one minor slice in the handle hose, I think from where a technician was opening the box with a box knife. Compression is absolutely excellent as you'd expect with a new saw. I'm asking $1,000.00 even plus shipping but I can trade for Mac 125 or Mac 101 stuff. Thanks!

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
7:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Dam JJ. Maybe ya need to sell a 655/7910 solo.
I’ll start that bidding. Lol. Good luck with sell my man.

Hey CM - I think I'll be hanging on to the Miller Mod Saws 681 I got - The good ole' boy that built that one went to a lot of trouble for me and I've never forgotten that.

It's sorta like my @huskihl 385 and 064 and my Mooberizer 361- The effort that went into those saws means a lot more to me than the machines themselves.

I do have a clean, original 681 I might put on the chopping block, if I can find the full-wrap handle I had for it.

ajschainsaws

Axes never run out of Gas
GoldMember
Local time
2:56 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey CM - I think I'll be hanging on to the Miller Mod Saws 681 I got - The good ole' boy that built that one went to a lot of trouble for me and I've never forgotten that.

It's sorta like my @huskihl 385 and 064 and my Mooberizer 361- The effort that went into those saws means a lot more to me than the machines themselves.

I do have a clean, original 681 I might put on the chopping block, if I can find the full-wrap handle I had for it.

beautiful saw JJ anyone who gets this saw won’t be disappointed run it or shelf queen it
These saws run strong

I oughta send you a deposit for that 681 when you have a think next year