High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

New member, Need help with a homelite

Fordman17

OPE Member
Local time
2:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I just picked up this old homelite Super EZ at the junkyard for five bucks, on the way home i got a new plug and After replacing the plug and cleaning the coil it has great spark, i filled the gas tank and gave it a shot of ether. It fired up on the first pull and ran great, it idled but very high, i reved it a few times and it seemed to run good. I shut it off and turned the idle screw out a bit and now it wont run, after a few pulls gas would run out of the muffler, i drained the gas and did ny best to clear the flood and i can get it to fire for a second on ether but not much more than that where should i start? Is it worth repairing? Thanks for any help.
4d969cbf055600d8ed8802281f96bd61.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
1:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Not uncommon to have to go through the fuel system of an old saw. The fact that you have spark is half the battle. If you can do it yourself, you're looking at rebuilding the carburetor and some fuel line and filter. So not a lot of money IF that's all it requires. If you have to pay someone his/her time to fix it for you, then you will know why it was where you found it.

Fordman17

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was too quick to judge that the spark was good. I lost spark and thats why it wasnt starting. Upon doing some research ive found that these coils were quite problematic. I read that heating them up for a long time can return them to good working order so thats what im trying, they said to use a toaster oven but i dont have one so im using a dehidrator.

They had another one of the same saws that was not complete so if that has a coil still im gonna pick that one up tommorow and try my luch with that coil.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello everyone! I just picked up this old homelite Super EZ at the junkyard for five bucks, on the way home i got a new plug and After replacing the plug and cleaning the coil it has great spark, i filled the gas tank and gave it a shot of ether. It fired up on the first pull and ran great, it idled but very high, i reved it a few times and it seemed to run good. I shut it off and turned the idle screw out a bit and now it wont run, after a few pulls gas would run out of the muffler, i drained the gas and did ny best to clear the flood and i can get it to fire for a second on ether but not much more than that where should i start? Is it worth repairing? Thanks for any help.
4d969cbf055600d8ed8802281f96bd61.jpg

Welcome to the site

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A little squirt bottle with some mix gas is a handy thing to have, I use a old lighter fluid bottle.

Stump Shot

Disciple of Monkey's
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know Walbro makes a replacement coil for some of the smaller Homelites with built in electronic ignition that works out good to get it back to going again.