High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

New Craftsman 316.380160 actually a nice saw!

old 040

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
9:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So the ol local Ace hardware have these on sale right now for 99.99 with a rewards card, after doing some research, I could tell this model is a Redmax clone saw, but unlike the China clone saws I looked at before, and I do own a 45cc Bluemax which is a copy of the Redmax 455av, this 42cc Craftsman version looks/is very well built, nice rubberized grip over the metal loop handle, non strat removable cylinder just like the Bluemax, this saw also has a chip-guard under the better sealed air filter, I had to add o-rings under my Bluemax to make a better seal, that's been fixed on this saw, also has protective material under the top cover to help prevent melting, has a nice three shoe clutch with a floating 3/8 low pro rim on the drum which kinda surprised me, chain brake feels real good and a nice rubber chip deflector on the bar cover, it also has what looks like a Walbro style fuel filter and a replaceable bar oil filter as well, fully adjustable carb that uses the pac-man style adjusting tool, the saw started on the third pull and one pull after warm just like the Bluemax, though the saw runs darn good stock (after adjusting), I think with nothing more the a gasket delete and a muffler mod, these saws would really run well, just wanted to share.....:)IMAG0043 (2).JPG View attachment 64727 IMAG0045 (2).JPG IMAG0046.JPG

p61 western

Ol Mudflap
GoldMember
Local time
6:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To me it looks like a good saw especially for 100 bucks, and if something goes wrong big deal your out a hundred bucks if ya can't fix it.

NormalT

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:59 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Looks to be MTD/Remington

old 040

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks to be MTD/Remington
I think your right, when researching the saw I think it came up as MTD, and not really much as individual parts at least on the power-head, I saw only a complete power-head as an assembly, but I'm not too worried, I've been run'n the Bluemax pretty hard with no issues or complaints, I still think many of the re-pop parts are the same on this saw as the China counter-part saws....;)

Reaper

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I just bought this same saw, how did you do your muffler mod? Thanks

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That saw actually looks pretty good in Crapsman colors. Looks like a really good buy and has a metal crankcase. I wonder if it is essentially a metal clamshell like some Echoes are. Any idea on what bar mount pattern it takes? Where is it made? Chicom or south o' the border would be my guess.

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sweet, looks like it has an adjustable oiler too. I can't say one of those wouldn't come home with me if I found it on clearance. One of my grandfathers always used Craftsman saws, from the 1950's until he died in 1985. I know this one isn't like those he used, but I suppose I still have nostalgia for the name.

Reaper

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
First time starting it started on the third pull, I bought a Poulan for the same price and it would pull my knuckles out of the joint pulling it and would never start, I think Poulin stands for pulling and pulling and pulling! Out of the box the Craftsman is a great saw for the price! I bought it to cut split firewood that was too long for my wood stove which the opening is only 12 inches, next summer it will get a workout clearing some of our property an cutting logs to split.

old 040

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
First time starting it started on the third pull, I bought a Poulan for the same price and it would pull my knuckles out of the joint pulling it and would never start, I think Poulin stands for pulling and pulling and pulling! Out of the box the Craftsman is a great saw for the price! I bought it to cut split firewood that was too long for my wood stove which the opening is only 12 inches, next summer it will get a workout clearing some of our property an cutting logs to split.
How has yours been running?, any issues?