High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Neighbor Gifted Me a Few Saws - Poulan Wild Thang, Homey 245...

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
2:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guy who lives across from me is an interesting character. Retired from fed govt. Probably in his 80's. Owns a couple of muscle cars and hot rods, so we get along fine.

He knows I mess with saws, and after a recent storm, he asked if he could borrow a saw to cut up a tree. Said he couldn't get his Stihl running.

I offered to cut up the tree for him; not because I'm a nice guy, but because when you borrow one of my saws, it comes with an operator. That way, if/when something goes wrong, I have no one to blame but myself.

Anyway, took about 30 minutes of cutting to dispatch the tree in question with my 026 Pro. I was itching to use it anyway since I did the muffler mod, BG delete, tune, and put on an 18" bar with 3/8.

Then I took at look at his Stihl MS390. It was in great condition, but FILTHY. Took one look at his air filter and it's clear that the saw wasn't getting any air. I offered to get it running for him; not because I'm a nice guy, but because I can't bear to see a nice saw in that condition.

Spent about an hour giving the saw a bath, cleaned the air filter, cleaned the spark plug, and filled it up with pre-mix and chain oil. I wouldn't take any $ from him, but not because I'm a nice guy, it's because he has a nice 1967 RS/SS 350 4 speed Camaro project that I am trying to buy from him.

He did say that he had a few "small old saws" tucked away that I could have when he dug them out. So that's what showed up today...

I dunno anything about either, but I'm guessing they will make good loaner saws, along with the Stihl 021 that I picked up yesterday.
IMG_7993.jpg IMG_7994.jpg IMG_7992.jpg

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
8:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel like...you might be a nice guy?

All joking aside, helping a neighbor and showing solidarity in your community especially with our older folk is very important and rewarding. When I was clearing out my dad's property I noticed the neighbors has big piles of brush in their woods. Well, I had the bobcat with the grapple there and asked them if I could lend a hand. Cleaned all their stuff up, dumped a couple bad trees for them and they were so happy.

Because I did that, the people that bought the lot next to my dad's asked us to do the land work and work an estimate to build them a house. Being friendly pays. Being a good person is worth it. Catch more flies with honey. Etc etc etc.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someone gave me a wild thing last week. It was sitting in a BIG puddle of bar oil. Very nasty saw. Fuel lines were disenagrated. I took the carb off and opened it up. The diaphragms were still flexible so I thought it might be ok. I had some fuel line so I installed those. It started but will only run on choke. I adjusted the h and l but it didn't change. I may pull the carb off one day and go through it or I might pass it along to someone else.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I feel like...you might be a nice guy?

All joking aside, helping a neighbor and showing solidarity in your community especially with our older folk is very important and rewarding. When I was clearing out my dad's property I noticed the neighbors has big piles of brush in their woods. Well, I had the bobcat with the grapple there and asked them if I could lend a hand. Cleaned all their stuff up, dumped a couple bad trees for them and they were so happy.

Because I did that, the people that bought the lot next to my dad's asked us to do the land work and work an estimate to build them a house. Being friendly pays. Being a good person is worth it. Catch more flies with honey. Etc etc etc.

Yeah, I don't do it for the karma, but sometimes the payment exceeds my effort by a fair amount. Another neighbor mentioned he had a pair of Ryobi blowers that were tits up. Told him to drop 'em off and I'd see what I could do. They just needed a little attention, massaging, and some carburetor adjustment. Got 'em both blowing good.

He asked me what I owed him, and I told him that he could buy me a beer someday. Dude was at my house 5 minutes later with 3 six packs of good beer (i.e., not Coors Light)!

Told him that I was ready whenever he had more OPE that needed tweaking!

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someone gave me a wild thing last week. It was sitting in a BIG puddle of bar oil. Very nasty saw. Fuel lines were disenagrated. I took the carb off and opened it up. The diaphragms were still flexible so I thought it might be ok. I had some fuel line so I installed those. It started but will only run on choke. I adjusted the h and l but it didn't change. I may pull the carb off one day and go through it or I might pass it along to someone else.

I gave it a few half-hearted pulls today and it didn't pop. I have a bunch of saws in the on-deck circle, but once I get to it, if it's an easy fix, it'll go into the loaner saw lineup. I got it without a bar but with chain, so if anyone has a spare bar, I need one.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I gave it a few half-hearted pulls today and it didn't pop. I have a bunch of saws in the on-deck circle, but once I get to it, if it's an easy fix, it'll go into the loaner saw lineup. I got it without a bar but with chain, so if anyone has a spare bar, I need one.
I squirted some mix down the carb and it popped. That's the only reason I even fooled with it.
I found a bar and chain combo on Walmart website last year for $18.88.
16" Oregon a041 mount bar and chain. They were normally like $35.

TreeLife

I'm Dominick
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah, I don't do it for the karma, but sometimes the payment exceeds my effort by a fair amount. Another neighbor mentioned he had a pair of Ryobi blowers that were tits up. Told him to drop 'em off and I'd see what I could do. They just needed a little attention, massaging, and some carburetor adjustment. Got 'em both blowing good.

He asked me what I owed him, and I told him that he could buy me a beer someday. Dude was at my house 5 minutes later with 3 six packs of good beer (i.e., not Coors Light)!

Told him that I was ready whenever he had more OPE that needed tweaking!
Yep. Sure sounds familiar! Good deeds...

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

You can send it to @Red97. He was looking for multiple Wild Thangs. Not sure how many more he needs.

Last edited:

Red97

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Hwrdbnz

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I own a 245 and have been happy with it. I took baffles out of the muffler and put a louvered cover on it. It is now my vehicle saw.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
7:02 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Had one like that too took the time to rebuild carb and put lines on it without looking at piston. Was my mistake because it will kinda run but after putting time into I and making it run it will never run well because it’s all scored

Ford3000

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:02 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Guy who lives across from me is an interesting character. Retired from fed govt. Probably in his 80's. Owns a couple of muscle cars and hot rods, so we get along fine.

He knows I mess with saws, and after a recent storm, he asked if he could borrow a saw to cut up a tree. Said he couldn't get his Stihl running.

I offered to cut up the tree for him; not because I'm a nice guy, but because when you borrow one of my saws, it comes with an operator. That way, if/when something goes wrong, I have no one to blame but myself.

Anyway, took about 30 minutes of cutting to dispatch the tree in question with my 026 Pro. I was itching to use it anyway since I did the muffler mod, BG delete, tune, and put on an 18" bar with 3/8.

Then I took at look at his Stihl MS390. It was in great condition, but FILTHY. Took one look at his air filter and it's clear that the saw wasn't getting any air. I offered to get it running for him; not because I'm a nice guy, but because I can't bear to see a nice saw in that condition.

Spent about an hour giving the saw a bath, cleaned the air filter, cleaned the spark plug, and filled it up with pre-mix and chain oil. I wouldn't take any $ from him, but not because I'm a nice guy, it's because he has a nice 1967 RS/SS 350 4 speed Camaro project that I am trying to buy from him.

He did say that he had a few "small old saws" tucked away that I could have when he dug them out. So that's what showed up today...

I dunno anything about either, but I'm guessing they will make good loaner saws, along with the Stihl 021 that I picked up yesterday.
View attachment 326880 View attachment 326881 View attachment 326882
Nice catch, in boxes too.