High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Need to replace 16 amp switch for electric snow blower

Netuser99

New OPE Member
Local time
3:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have a Toro Powercurve electric snow thrower with a hadlebar switch. It is a DEFOND 125 v/16 amp pushbutton switch DGH-2126-19. I am not able to find exact replacement and looking for help before the next snow storm here in NJ. Since the switch is in the handle bar, having exact replacement is the most ideal solution but if someone has any other creative ideas (safe for operation) for me to consider, I will appreciate anything you can help with here. Thanks.

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What is the Toro model number?

Netuser99

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
It is Toro Powercurve 1800 --> Model 38025

Thanks

Netuser99

New OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I received the switch now and realize that its not easy to find any How-To videos on YouTube for how to replace the switch. There are no screws for the switch contacts but just the holes (2 for Line and 2 for Load). I am not sure how will the wire stay in place when inserted in this holes. Similarly I have to carefully remove the wire from old switch as length of the cable is limited due to need to fit that in snowblower handle housing. Any help is appreciated.

Fish

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Probably is the type that grab the bare wire end, and the wire only goes one way,
in.
If you don't have any extra wire length, break the old switch.

plcnut

Jesus is LORD
Local time
2:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You can usually either twist the wire back and forth while pulling on the wire, or sometimes there will be a small hole beside the wire hole where you can insert a small screwdriver to release the wire.

Bob1

New OPE Member
Local time
2:40 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Thanks guys for posting the above info. I just replaced this same switch in my 2008 Toro Powercurve 1800, and you comments helped me get it done.

Just for anyone else trying to do this switch replacement, I did figure out how to remove the wires from the old switch:

I found a very small flathead screwdriver for eyeglass screws in my drawer, and by inserting it into the opening next to each wire and pushing it in to the bottom, I released the clip holding the wire so they can be removed from old one, and then in similar manner inserted into the new one. Be sure to put each wire into the same spot on new one to maintain voltage continuity.

The transfer into the new plug also uses the small screwdriver, without the small screwdriver in the hole, the wire will not slide into the new one. So insert screwdriver into opening and slide the wire tip along the side of the screwdriver until it goes in all the way, then slowly pull out the screwdriver while holding the wire in place.

Again thanks for the tips previously.