MS500i

Stihl Potlicker

Super OPE Member
Local time
11:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
so I was talking with my dealer the other week, about the USA release date on the 500i. He said July they will be able to sell them. he was told by Stihl that they sold out so fast in Europe, that they didn't want the same S.N.A.F.U. like they had for the 800 leaf blowers, anyone else hear that?

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
so I was talking with my dealer the other week, about the USA release date on the 500i. He said July they will be able to sell them. he was told by Stihl that they sold out so fast in Europe, that they didn't want the same S.N.A.F.U. like they had for the 800 leaf blowers, anyone else hear that?
Did they say what the price would be?

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Anyone ever find out what the recall was all about?

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Stiffer av mounts and whatever else they were doing to make them handle longer bars better from what I heard on here, but my wife had Stihl training and that’s what they told them is that they couldn’t make them fast enough right now
Bet some of the parts are made in China and other places that are shutting down daily now.

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
10:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn’t see any china parts on the one I had here, unless the av mount springs were. Or something on that order far as I know unless it’s changed Stihl makes a lot of the parts in house. They even make the trimmer line which would be pretty easy to outsource. And all the plastic parts along with some of the new cylinders and pistons. They do have a china factory though but supposedly mostly building stuff for Asian markets.

ammoaddict

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn’t see any china parts on the one I had here, unless the av mount springs were. Or something on that order far as I know unless it’s changed Stihl makes a lot of the parts in house. They even make the trimmer line which would be pretty easy to outsource. And all the plastic parts along with some of the new cylinders and pistons. They do have a china factory though but supposedly mostly building stuff for Asian markets.
I read on a Stihl website that they make the trimmer line from the waste from making the plastic parts.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

lehman live edge slab

Live Action
Local time
10:07 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’d say that would be a good way to use leftover materials or ones that came out bad, friend of mind toured the Virginia Beach plant and said it was a very nice place. The living roof on it complete with robots to keep the birds off ect. Make parts, check the parts and build a saw all in same place. Robot forklifts moving things around he said weather that is true about the lifts I don’t know. My buddy I’m embellishes a little too.

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
4:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I know this is I bit off topic but I was looking around an came across the stihl carbon concept saw.. it looked a bit like the 500i ie it’s got a primer I think it was from 5yr ago.

then I found another vid about the company, it was interesting.. about staff and how they invest there money and the returns they get, also how they have banks wanting to lend them money but..

Last edited:

Country96

Active OPE Member
Local time
4:07 AM
User ID
Reaction score
has anyone found some bigger dogs to fit the 500i please?

do the 462 ones fit perfectly??

cheers

Armbru84

Just trying to get by
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’d say that would be a good way to use leftover materials or ones that came out bad, friend of mind toured the Virginia Beach plant and said it was a very nice place. The living roof on it complete with robots to keep the birds off ect. Make parts, check the parts and build a saw all in same place. Robot forklifts moving things around he said weather that is true about the lifts I don’t know. My buddy I’m embellishes a little too.
Lots of plants have the robotic forklifts. They run a preset path and move product as needed. They have sensors that sense potential collisions