Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
4:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Guys-

I'm putting my 661 up for trade or sale. It's a 100% stock saw that I bought as a project (off Ebay) that had been run over. The seller told me it had 10-12 hours on it, and I tend to believe that as there was no carbon build-up at all on the piston and very little in the cylinder (The exhaust port had a light coating of carbon, and there were trace amounts in the combustion chamber). The seller also told me that it was a 12/17/2019 purchase date, which I believe makes it a latest generation 661.

I carefully tore it all down and sent the PTO side case half to the very talented srcarr52, who welded it back together. Shaun's work on the case half is absolutely stellar. After I got the case half back, I shot some primer on the bare Mag areas to prevent oxidation. I put the saw back together, ran it through a pressure/vac, and took it out to the woods. It runs good and I've not had any issues with it - I did the user reset at first start up and it's been flawless.

Parts I had to replace: Good used OEM tank, 3/4 wrap handle & bracket, clutch cover, and carb body. I got all of those parts from members here. I bought the new filter cover from the local dealer. I have a number of bars that could go with saw from 20" to 36", and chains for same. I also have several different sets of dawgs. I don't have a 1/2 wrap handle (the original was crunched when the saw was run over). I think this would be a good unit to send to one of our builders and I doubt any of our guys would decline it since it's in pristine condition internally.

Things I'd like to trade for:
Mac 105/125 carcasses and parts
Larger Olympyk saws and parts
Large Alpina saws and parts
Large older Solo saws and parts

Last edited:

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The top cover has a ding on the flywheel side but the cover mounts fine and lines up as it should. The starter housing has a flaw in the power coat on bottom but is not cracked (I checked all the exterior
parts carefully when I received the saw and replaced those that were truly damaged/broken). I also have a new larger chip deflector, captured bar nuts, and some other small parts for it that go with the saw.

Last edited:

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Overall, it doesn't look too bad - the used tank shows some wear on the bottom, and the handle and bracket show some wear on the PTO side. The clutch cover has no gouges, chips, or chain rash.

Gaston

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Any interest in a efco 981 with a cylinder that was straight gassed. The plating is gone on the exhaust side. Has one or two fins broken-missing from the recoil. Other wise in really good shape. Pm me if interested.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How much ya want

Depends on what goodies you want with it, and what you got to trade...

Any interest in a efco 981 with a cylinder that was straight gassed. The plating is gone on the exhaust side. Has one or two fins broken-missing from the recoil. Other wise in really good shape. Pm me if interested.

Possibly - I'll send you a PM.

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
7:00 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Depends on what goodies you want with it, and what you got to trade...

Possibly - I'll send you a PM.
Only thing I got on trade is stihl and husky junk. If youve got any .063 bars ide take the longest sugi or tsu youve got