Motorcycle/car crash!

NYH1

Tactical Chainsaw Operator
Local time
8:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Young person dies in motorcycle and car crash in Salina.

My wife (nurse/EMT) did chest pumps on the 16 year old while we waited for EMS/Fire/LEO to get on scene. She maintained comms. with the 911 center so first responders knew what was going on in real time. We knew the kid was gone. Her not having any EMT equipment to use, she just kept the chest pumps going.

Once they showed up, she had to play counselor to the 16 year old's sister who showed up on scene, that sucked! :(

NYH1.

ElevatorGuy

It’s up and down ;)
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep, Been in that situation a lot. I joined the fire department when I turned 16. I ran for a few years and saw a lot of bad stuff. Worst was a gal we went to high school with. She pulled out infront of a truck and was t boned at 60-70 mph. I pulled her out of the car through the passenger side door, She felt like a sandbag. Her shoe was still on the gas pedal, No drivers side compartment of the car was left.

full chizel

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good on her for trying. My wife is a CRNA and i can probably count on both hands the times we were out somewhere and shes had to attend to someone injured or having a medical emergency. In fact she has a bag with nitrile gloves in it in her purse.

NYH1

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Too young to be riding a sport bike on the road in my opinion..
Here in New Yorkistan, you can get a motorcycle learners permit at 16. You can't get your motorcycle driver's license until you're 18, unless you took and passed driver's ed, then you can get the MC license at 17. No matter what, you can't ride with a passenger until you're 18.

The kid and his dad bought the bike to fix up. He wasn't supposed to ride it at all. No MC license, not registered and no insurance. The 14 year old passenger broke a leg, a arm, knocked most of his teeth out and has his jaw wired shut. This is probably gonna get really me$$y for sure.

NYH1.

Last edited:

NYH1

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Good on her for trying. My wife is a CRNA and i can probably count on both hands the times we were out somewhere and shes had to attend to someone injured or having a medical emergency. In fact she has a bag with nitrile gloves in it in her purse.
Yeah, my wife and I have stopped at a bunch of vehicle accidents over the years or helped people choking at restaurants and such. This one was by far the worst of those situations.

NYH1.

KingCobra98

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:31 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here in New Yorkistan, you can get a motorcycle learners permit at 16. You can't get your motorcycle driver's license until you're 18, unless you took and passed driver's ed, then you can get the MC license at 17. No matter what, you can't ride with a passenger until you're 18.

The kid and his dad bought the bike to fix up. He wasn't supposed to ride it at all. No MC license, not registered and no insurance. The 14 year old passenger broke a leg, a arm, knocked most of his teeth out and has his jaw wired shut. This is probably gonna get really me$$y for sure.

NYH1.

Its sad. The parents lost their son and now a bad law suit coming in the near future..

NYH1

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its sad. The parents lost their son and now a bad law suit coming in the near future..
Yeah, for sure. I guess the kid had a really tough life. My wife was told that his mom passed away a while back and the dad's been in and out of prison, just got out of a 3 year bid not long ago. Suck's all the way around.

NYH1.

NYH1

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
People like your wife are angels. When people that help the community like that bring something for me to fix, I usually charge them just for the cost of parts. I can't do what they do, so I do what I can.
Thanks, that's awesome you do that! ;)

NYH1.