“Modified Clutching System”?

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
7:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Evidently I'm not charging nearly enough.

There’s a very good reason why my 461 went to you and why we’ve talked about getting other saws done and this guy is only 1.5hrs away from me, and it had nothing to do with price. Complete *B-S.... and a scam the crap that he’s tries to push on people and make them believe. I’ve posted about him before and a few pics of his “modified clutching system” lol.

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
8:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There’s a very good reason why my 461 went to you and why we’ve talked about getting other saws done and this guy is only 1.5hrs away from me, and it had nothing to do with price. Complete *B-S.... and a scam the crap that he’s tries to push on people and make them believe. I’ve posted about him before and a few pics of his “modified clutching system” lol.

Was that the one where someone attacked the clutch drum with a holesaw?

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
3:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Probably took a grinder and roughed in the friction surfaces of the clutch to "enhance" it.

There are always two sides going hand in hand with things like this, the seller lying his/her ass off and the buyer not using his/her brain or at least some common sense.

Whoever buys crap like that does not deserve any sympathy once he/she notices it was all a scam.

My apologies for being so blunt, but there is no fixing stupid.

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pics please. Seriously I'd like to see what constitutes $189 CD. Sounds like ya need to be clutching your wallet instead.....

I did watch a couple videos, didn't see anything spectacular

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
11:48 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cutting dry hardwood I reckon I would render that 'modified clutch' completely forked within an hour. It would be so jam packed with wood dust & bar oil it would fail fast. The idea may seem clever to someone without any practical real world experience. But anyways, as mentioned BS baffles those susceptible to believe.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not too sure the clutch would slip on a mill and yeah I might need to try that. Today will tell the tale.
That bearing *B-S.... is the best yet. The only thing that will be "extended" will be the weekends he blew your money on. *f-wording sad really. Ass for every seat...

Last edited:

Shanesaw80

Tree Assassin
Local time
7:48 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
$136.9CD for a max flow filter? Last I checked they were around $60USD (~$77.9CD), 75% markup!

Not that I’m defending the guy at all as I think he’s a massive scammer but I ordered a new max flow for my 661 last week when they were on sale at HL Supply. Even on sale with shipping and the exchange rate I paid just over $126 for it. But of course the 661 max flow is more expensive then the rest of them.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Not that I’m defending the guy at all as I think he’s a massive scammer but I ordered a new max flow for my 661 last week when they were on sale at HL Supply. Even on sale with shipping and the exchange rate I paid just over $126 for it. But of course the 661 max flow is more expensive then the rest of them.
It does have newer plastic and stuffs, right? o_O