Trader history (0)

CapitaineHaddoc

I don't eat frogs
Local time
5:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This builder's review section is a great idea, so now it's Carl Miller' turn!

I only had one deal with Carl Miller, it was for my Dolly 7900.

I asked Carl if he agreed to port the cylinder only, and he was OK. He keeped me informed all the time, and he sent me helpful pictures to help me with the timing advance. And maybe because I was his 1st customer from another continent, he asked me only $150 shipping included!

A fews days after I received the cylinder, Carl PM me just to know if everything is fine and how I like the saw. And after that, he helped me again when I tried to put a 272 coil on the saw.

And the saw...well, actually it's my strongest saw, I use it with a lightweight "28 bar with an agressive full comp 3/8 chain, and it's really torquey, It's my go-to saw when I have really large trees.

Here's the 1st video of it after the porting job,

The only bad things about this saw... she makes my 288, 395 and 064 almost useless...

Last edited:

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
11:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This builder's review section is a great idea, so now it's Carl Miller' turn!

I only had one deal with Carl Miller, it was for my Dolly 7900.

I asked Carl if he agreed to port the cylinder only, and he was OK. He keeped me informed all the time, and he sent me helpful pictures to help me with the timing advance. And maybe because I was his 1st customer from another continent, he asked me only $150 shipping included!

A fews days after I received the cylinder, Carl PM me just to know if everything is fine and how I like the saw. And after that, he helped me again when I tried to put a 272 coil on the saw.

And the saw...well, actually it's my strongest saw, I use it with a lightweight "28 bar with an agressive full comp 3/8 chain, and it's really torquey, It's my go-to saw when I have really large trees.

Here's the 1st video of it after the porting job,

The only bad things about this saw... she makes my 288, 395 and 064 almost useless...
Just now seeing this. Thank you. Heck I didn't even know there was a builder review section. Lol.

ken morgan

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
guess its my turn then, I sent two saws to Carls for basic porting muff mods etc. one was a 372 with a new OEM single ring P&C and the other was a 365SP that I wanted the old 372 P&C (with new OEM rings) installed and ported. Both are still in the break in stage as firewood season around my area starts in mid to late january but both are quite strong even though the 365 is at the 4 tank mark and the 372 is still at the one tank mark. both start pretty easy as well. will update once we are into the season a little bit. got a line on several nice oaks that needs to be taken apart so will get a change to let them rip a little.

AlfA01

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
6:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a 5105 Carl @Miller Mod Saws had posted in the Ads Section. I couldn't be happier with his work on this saw.

I'm a fan of the 5100/5105 Dolmars anyway, but Carl makes them something special.

I haven't worked with him on a build, but do appreciate the man's talent for what he did to my 5105.

Buy or build with confidence from Carl.

Miller Mod Saws

Chainsaw Masseuse
Local time
11:35 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I bought a 5105 Carl @Miller Mod Saws had posted in the Ads Section. I couldn't be happier with his work on this saw.

I'm a fan of the 5100/5105 Dolmars anyway, but Carl makes them something special.

I haven't worked with him on a build, but do appreciate the man's talent for what he did to my 5105.

Buy or build with confidence from Carl.
Thank you.

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
12:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
@AlfA01 found me a NIB Makita 9010 in olive land and shipped it to me and I sent it to Carl, @Miller Mod Saws, to have it ported. Got it back and with a not so great shoulder I couldn’t pull it over. :( Contacted Carl and he said find a decomp valve and I’ll install it. @Wilhelm found oem valves and shipped them to me. @fordf150 tore the saw down for me and everything went to Carl. Got the saw back and couldn’t be happier. Carl went the extra to give me a great saw that didn’t give any user drawbacks. Only on my second tank of fuel thru the 9010 but it is an awesome saw. Carl delivered what he promised plus extra to help me out.