Local time
10:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy folks.
Last weekend, I picked up 3 x 084 saws.
One is a runner, 2 are rebuilders.

One of them is special.... a bit like me :)

I am starting this thread to keep it updated on the rebuild and also in the hope that someone on here may be able to recognize the work to assist me with tracking down who built it.

Its very well built, and has done bugger all.
Speaking with @Postrip tonight, he said it has a 3120 piston. The piston looks to be free porting on one side at the bottom right of the exhaust port and something has gone through the top end so Id say something has gone wrong.
Otherwise, it loos nice.

It has some numbers stamped into the front of the cylinder that I will get a photo of tomorrow
Pipe has been braised together, cylinder porting looks VERY tidy.
transfer bridges are no longer.
Intake has been welded up and has a modified HG2 (I think from memory?) carb fitted, not a HT tilly.
It has a very intricate hand made throttle arrangement that may lend some clues to the builder

IMG_1403.JPG

IMG_1404.JPG

IMG_1489.JPG

IMG_1493.JPG

IMG_1494.JPG

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
8:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Very cool project can't wait to see whets going to happen with it.

jb-chainsaws

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
1:42 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Damn that thing is sweet! Someone's put some serious hours into that, can't wait to see it run. Why do I never find things like that? :BangHead:

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
8:42 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Howdy folks.
Last weekend, I picked up 3 x 084 saws.
One is a runner, 2 are rebuilders.

One of them is special.... a bit like me :)

I am starting this thread to keep it updated on the rebuild and also in the hope that someone on here may be able to recognize the work to assist me with tracking down who built it.

Its very well built, and has done bugger all.
Speaking with @Postrip tonight, he said it has a 3120 piston. The piston looks to be free porting on one side at the bottom right of the exhaust port and something has gone through the top end so Id say something has gone wrong.
Otherwise, it loos nice.

It has some numbers stamped into the front of the cylinder that I will get a photo of tomorrow
Pipe has been braised together, cylinder porting looks VERY tidy.
transfer bridges are no longer.
Intake has been welded up and has a modified HG2 (I think from memory?) carb fitted, not a HT tilly.
It has a very intricate hand made throttle arrangement that may lend some clues to the builder

View attachment 69134

View attachment 69135

View attachment 69136

View attachment 69137

View attachment 69138
A little free port won't hurt anything. My solo freeports pretty good and runs damn strong.
IMG_0907.JPG