High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Meteor pistons

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
3:54 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Anyone have things they find to be a problem with them?
I usually don't. Only have one left so in it goes.

Never had this issue with a ms361 Meteor piston. The skirts hit the crank... no big deal. Never had it happen with Meteor before of any size, other brands, yes.

The piston is also 0.006 too tall. No room for the usual gasket delete. Dry fit is now 0.006 quench That's a first. Most are near spec or within 0.002
Con rod is tight almost too tight 0.018 Other than the usual slightly long skirt no other issues.
Rings came in at 0.008 and 0.009... skirt is 0.003 off the wall.

Agent Smith

Hack of all trades
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Never had a problem with their pistons other than alot of them come in at .005 taller than stock which really doesn't bother me. It all gets factored in when i go to do machining. You may have just got a dud. We all get those from time to time

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
20200516_180114.jpg
Never had a problem with their pistons other than alot of them come in at .005 taller than stock which really doesn't bother me. It all gets factored in when i go to do machining. You may have just got a dud. We all get those from time to time
More good news. Pulled out the clips, too big. 460 clips I have pics of the sad bevels. This is a Friday afternoon or Monday morning piston. The two cuts under the skirt are not well thought out compared to oem. No big deal. Just a slight notch that should be built in like oe.
No machines here, just me. It's not a ported saw either. The wrist pin bore also has deep clip groove pockets relative to the outer edge bevel... very small margins, like under the skirt. It's a very nice piston overall. Few nicks.

Edit:
added a pic. The skirt is a bit thicker and longer. The piston should have as much or more bevel cut than oem. 362 pistons AM always hit in the motors I've had.

Last edited:

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I usually just get away with a gasket delete on theses. Running the stock gasket it landed at 0.021... not the norm.

That is the Meteor wrist pin.

Dug up an oem clip.

It's done.

Couple of 1128's are next.

Czed

Aluminium Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've used 40 or more meteor haven't got a bad one yet
Built a 036 recently no issue's.
Now the meteor cylinders i have read of issue's with them
On the forums.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I've used 40 or more meteor haven't got a bad one yet
Built a 036 recently no issue's.
Now the meteor cylinders i have read of issue's with them
On the forums.
Half their jugs are good imo. The other half go way south with the whole lot.
It is rare to see problems with the piston.
Murfys Law... last one in my stock. Now if could just find three more of them...
Remembering a run of too tall 044 pistons from years back. Everybody wanted one to cut popups