Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
12:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hi Guys -

Due to some significant recent family issues, I'm gonna be selling off some saws. First up is this very nice, fully rebuilt Mac SP-125c. The "C" designates a chrome-bore motor. This started life as a box of nice parts I got from a member here years ago. One very lucky find on this was a new-old-stock fuel tank which came from another member here - finding a tank like that is very difficult and it's lucky because a lot of the used tanks either leak or are starting to leak. Anyhow, this was fully rebuilt by me - new main bearings are Nachi, oil seals are Chicago Rawhide, the upper and lower needle rollers are new OEM, the piston and rod are minty used OEM, wrist pin and clips are new OEM, and the 85608 tool-steel piston rings are new OEM.

Last edited:

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The tank came as a kit with a new ignition switch and kill wire, handle grip, interlock, and trigger + spring. The handlebar is the nicest used handle I have in my inventory right now. The muffler is a good used one that I cleaned the carbon out of and the muffler cover was repaired by Shaun and powder-coated by Glock37 and it fairly well matches the tank. I used one of the older clutch covers that does not have the boss and mounting points for the chain brake, and I used one of the older start covers as well because I prefer the old logo.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Starter rope and handle are new, as is the starter spring (all OEM). Chip screen for the starter is new. Ignition is the solid-state chip conversion. The ignition backing plate was also powder-coated by Mike. Crankshaft is a minty later version with the bolt-on weights which is period correct for the motor. Air filter is new old stock as is the HS-124A Tillotson carb, which is also period correct for this motor.

Last edited:

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fuel and impulse lines are also new, along with a new fuel filter. The fuel cap has a new check valve in it. Both front and rear vibration mounts are new old stock. Ground wire up front is new. All gaskets are new and the reeds are new "Snakeskin" style. I had built the motor for this back in the early days of the Pandemic.

Probably the most important detail about this one - It was the saw used to test the new Re-pop intake boots from @Duke Thieroff (Saw Salvage). So it has one of the Duke's new intake boots in it. I have about a tank and a half run time on it. I'm asking $1,300.00 plus the ride.

Squareground3691

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Fuel and impulse lines are also new, along with a new fuel filter. The fuel cap has a new check valve in it. Both front and rear vibration mounts are new old stock. Ground wire up front is new. All gaskets are new and the reeds are new "Snakeskin" style. I had built the motor for this back in the early days of the Pandemic.

Probably the most important detail about this one - It was the saw used to test the new Re-pop intake boots from @Duke Thieroff (Saw Salvage). So it has one of the Duke's new intake boots in it. I have about a tank and a half run time on it. I'm asking $1,300.00 plus the ride.

They don’t come much better than that , especially from a fine , knowledgeable gentleman like JJ hope everything workouts