northwest saws

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello folks. As much as I am unhappy to do this I have to let go of the sp125c I was building. Bills have piled up and making sure they are paid and feeding the family are more important than a saw. Bought this from a guy I get parts from locally here in north-central Idaho. I've done a fair amount to it and will attempt to list everything the best I can. That being said please ask questions if you got em.

This ended up being a full overhaul. Has new SKF bearings and nos seals. Crank has nos rollers, upper and lower. Rod is in excellent condition as are crank shafts. Piston is original in good condition with nos thin rings. Oil tank and stuffer gaskets are new, dsp valve is nos, spark plug is new. I replaced the old intake boot with a new one made by the Duke. Impulse line is used in good condition. Clutch spring is nos, clutch needle bearing is nos, has a new .404 8 pin sprocket and nos clutch drum. The side clutch cover is in excellent condition! The muffler is in good shape and even has the extended version cover. Gas cap is nos and has a nos duckbill valve. Tank doesn't leak from any of the seams, just is missing a lot of the black paint. Fuel line is original and although intact is a little loose and slightly leaky. Carb is a walbro sdc 20 and has a kit put in and new intake gaskets. Points are original and seemed to still be in good shape. I installed a nos condenser and set the points. The coil is original and seems to be fine. Starter housing is complete and in good shape. I replaced the lower handle a/v mount which was broken with a nos one. Front tank mount is in good shape! I pressure and vacuum tested after finishing and it was air tight and held vacuum perfectly, the needle never budged even a smidgen. Spark was fat and blue and consistent. Manual and auto oilers both work the way they should. Compression with the new rings is very good, you absolutely must use the dsp or you will tear your arm off. I could get the saw to start and run but wouldn't stay running. It would sputter and die like it was starving for fuel. The carb was airtight and didn't leak but may need to be replaced. So, although I've done a lot of work on it it still has a bug that needs worked out. I cleaned the hell out of it and it hasn't been in wood yet. I've sunk a fair bit of money into this but I know I won't get it all back since it isn't in good running shape. I'd like to get st least 1,300 for it though. If I'm too high or even too low please let me know folks. Please ask questions if you got em.

b40f1165384092a3c5048b9989a0b66a.jpg
91eb487cc1da03c7c365a0fb682c5184.jpg
a5a578373047453ac5eb86dfa9f1cc33.jpg
b557786d0b2885dd23ab91b3274e3db6.jpg
daa95051af6e6c52c857bbaeff0a399e.jpg
463a90c6db27f15bed78cd4b42e203b4.jpg
2b7b8f50505d62b3a97156baa57b9c4f.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Normzilla

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:46 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sorry on the bills etc. Be praying for you, and understand hard sales and doing what we have too. God bless u.