northwest saws

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
8:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Posted this on the other site that shall not be named. Due to some life changes, family health issues and the prospect of moving I will be letting go of several saws. I took this 895 to shows and local events and it was always my favorite one to take out, next to my kart saw anyways. It's sat for around a year now but still runs great and is very clean. When I picked it up it had a couple of damaged external parts like the rear hood, filter cover and the flywheel cover, all of which I replaced. Otherwise all I really had to do was give it a good tune up. Carburetor got a kit, inspected and re-set the points, new spark plug, fuel filter, new old stock gas cap(with new duckbill valve) and new old stock air filter. Also has a new .404 sprocket. Changed out the gear oil and flushed out all the old bar oil. On top of all that I gave the old girl a good cleaning. Automatic and manual oiler both work on this old girl. Looks like the fuel line needs to be replaced now because it has developed a slight leak. Take a look at the photos and you'll notice this has a reinforced front cover at the base of the cylinder assembly. Also has a modified H&S spike with 3rd mount for using longer bars. This saw has a couple of unique features. One being that it does not have the old flatback carb but instead has a Tillotson HL 244A carb which I believe was used on the Stihl 070 and 090's. Can some of the more experienced folks confirm this? Secondly this saw does not have the original motor. This has an 0.010 overbore 895 motor, serial on the underside of the cylinder is 10144. When I took this to events it never ceased to draw people's attention and questions. Right now i'm thinking $1,200 for the powerhead only, I do have a 42" bar with new chain if wanted. I am open to price especially if I am way off base here. This girl is heavy, so shipping is not going to be cheap. I am located in north Idaho, any locations in the pacific northwest wont be as bad for shipping costs. Please take a look at the photos and also the video of the saw running. Please ask questions if you got them and if more pictures are wanted I can certainly put up a few more. Any info or feedback from our more experienced members is most welcome! Thanks

20240720_142220.jpg20240720_142231.jpg20240720_142244.jpg20240720_142259.jpg

Last edited:

heimannm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
All of the 797's that I have encountered have 66251 stamped where the model number usually appears.

Your saw appears to have been bored 0.010 oversize based on the stamp on the bottom of the crankcase.

Mark