Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That looks like a lot of work and fairly uncomfortable to do for a prolonged period of time.

I split my kindling with a small ax standing upright at my chopping block, it's endurable enough so that I can do it for quite a while at a time.

First session this week
DSC05247.JPG

Second session this week
DSC05262.JPG

Stacked into crates for storage
DSC05264.JPG

I do understand that Your kindling requirements may be fairly higher than mine are!
If I'd require as much kindling I'd tinker up a muti-split wedge attachment for any splitter I may have (I don't own one!), and I would look into being able to process kindling standing upright.

Ontario Firewood Resource

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
5:52 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
That looks like a lot of work and fairly uncomfortable to do for a prolonged period of time.

I split my kindling with a small ax standing upright at my chopping block, it's endurable enough so that I can do it for quite a while at a time.

First session this week
View attachment 289949

Second session this week
View attachment 289950

Stacked into crates for storage
View attachment 289951

I do understand that Your kindling requirements may be fairly higher than mine are!
If I'd require as much kindling I'd tinker up a muti-split wedge attachment for any splitter I may have (I don't own one!), and I would look into being able to process kindling standing upright.
I don't actually split kindling this way for my business. I get enough chafe off the machine to feel bags and that keeps up with demand, people only buy a bag or two at a time and my bags are big.