High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Mag Na Porting.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Years ago I bought a Remington 700 # 1 custom rifle in 300 Winchester mag. Man that thing sure tested ones man hood and mine I am afraid mine suffered a lot.
A fellow I worked with told me about his Rugar super blackhawk 44 mag, having it Mag Na Ported. It was much nicer to shoot after that he said. so I called Mag Na Porting and asked if they could do my rifle and they said they hadn't did many rifles and would not warranty how much the recoil would be reduced.

So I stripped the rifle down to the barrel and action and drove it down to the Harrison township shop. they told me it should be ready in a week to give them a call. I called and it was ready for pick up.
Got it home reassembled it took it out and shot it. Wow what a difference in felt recoil about the same as my 243 I thought it looked OK also.

So Saturday I am coyopte hunting with a friend and his girl friend. She has a S&W 243 and even thought they had a Kickese butt pad installed I saw it did a bit more that push her a bit. So I told her and Mike to look into getting it Mag Na Ported for her.

Mike just caught them (Mag Na porting) Saturday evening and they tore the rifle down to the action Saturday night and will take it down Monday morning.
Should be ready by the week end.

Unlike a Muzzle break you do not get that back blast of noise with a Mag Na Ported rifle or pistol.

:D Al

redline4

I'm huge in Japan
Local time
2:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had a Browning A-bolt in .300WM that I sent in to mag-na-port roughly 8 years ago or so.
I think it cost $300? Recipt may still be in my safe.
Greatly reduced muzzle flip and recoil.
It got substantially louder too.
Sounded the same as my Boss equipped A-bolt in 7mmRM.
I no longer have that rifle, traded it in on a different, new .300WM.

Edit: what was done on mine was a traditional threaded on muzzle brake. Not their slot type muzzle porting.

Last edited:

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Mag Na Ported rifle barrel. Cost 155.00 today to have it done. Does Not increase the noise or back blast like a Muzzle break does.
mpr1.jpg

I will have to get a new picture of my 300WM I had them On Photo bucket.
Mag-na-porting Rifles ($155.00

FergusonTO35

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Excellent! Believe it or not, the rifle in my arsenal that may get that treatment is my Browning BLR .308. The cartridge doesn't have a reputation as a hard kicker, but the BLR is pretty light and the skinny barrel seems to make it worse.

alleyyooper

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have been thinking about doing my 220 Swift. then would recoil like a bb gun and I would never loose the targets with muzzle jump.

Last edited: