Lousy Choices for Echo Dealers in My Area

hotajax

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So I go one direction, I get this whiny bastard who inherited a good business from his dad. I used to do business with the old man. Apparently the dad's health is not so great, and he's not out in the shop like he used to be. The father was great to deal with, junior not so much. Will probably kill the business one of these days. The kid is too busy to take a 30 second look at something, whined and complained when I took off the carburetor limiter caps on an Echo saw. Told me all this phony BS about how he would get in trouble if the EPA found my saw without the limiter caps. What a huge baby. Will try to nail you for shipping charges if he has to order something in for you.

Go the other direction, sort of same issues. They are honest, but always too busy for a quick look. But if you leave your stuff there, they might take a look one of the days.

Just venting. Maybe I should go farther out next time I need a piece of Echo stuff. PS - I'm not willing to look at other brands.

stretch5881

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
3:49 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It doesn't matter the dealer. They are swamped with repair work, and some, not enough workers. Some will take that 30 second look with you. Repair work is at least a 3 weeks before they can even look at it.
New equipment shelves are empty, so more used equipment is being repaired.
That's what I'm told by a former employee of one of the shops, and, by people bringing me stuff to be repaired.