Trader history (2)

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
1:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok I know it's a long shot so I'm just going to send it. If anyone has a smashed or totally fubar 562 that's probably the best route for this.

I had a guy drop off a 562 that needed a plug hole fixed and reassembled. Long story short the guy had someone else take it apart and try to fix it and well..... We all know how that goes. He only got half his saw back and in a bucket to boot.

It's going to be easier to list what he has than what he needs but I'll do both in case I miss something. He has the crankcase,cyl, top cover, wrap, tank, carb, filter base, clutch cover, clutch drum, muffler.

What he doesn't have. Oil pump & drive, clutch, flywheel, coil & wiring, recoil and air conductor, air jet, plate below the carb, cyl to carb mount, all the av and screws!!!!!????? I mean not a single screw outside of the case bolts :eusa_doh: A real wtf of how did they not give that much back to him. Someone needs a real hard kick in the sack!

Don't know if 550 or 555 parts will interchange but if someone knows please chime in.

Steven

Edit: the carb he has is a el46. Don't know if that matters for the coil.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
2:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok I know it's a long shot so I'm just going to send it. If anyone has a smashed or totally fubar 562 that's probably the best route for this.

I had a guy drop off a 562 that needed a plug hole fixed and reassembled. Long story short the guy had someone else take it apart and try to fix it and well..... We all know how that goes. He only got half his saw back and in a bucket to boot.

It's going to be easier to list what he has than what he needs but I'll do both in case I miss something. He has the crankcase,cyl, top cover, wrap, tank, carb, filter base, clutch cover, clutch drum, muffler.

What he doesn't have. Oil pump & drive, clutch, flywheel, coil & wiring, recoil and air conductor, air jet, plate below the carb, cyl to carb mount, all the av and screws!!!!!????? I mean not a single screw outside of the case bolts :eusa_doh: A real wtf of how did they not give that much back to him. Someone needs a real hard kick in the sack!

Don't know if 550 or 555 parts will interchange but if someone knows please chime in.

Steven

Edit: the carb he has is a el46. Don't know if that matters for the coil.

The coil and carb have to get along. Once you find a coil the carb will have to be programmed. That's just a bad deal all around.

Stevetheboatguy

mountain dew and ibuprofen please
Local time
1:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The coil and carb have to get along. Once you find a coil the carb will have to be programmed. That's just a bad deal all around.

Yes Sir it is. I have a in to get the carb flashed and updated. No biggie there. But yeah it's a bum deal for him.If I can help him out I will, but he knows no promises at this point. It's a real can of worms.

Steven

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
11:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Not only that, but some of the earlier carbs and coils have different ways of plugging in. There were a lot of updates when those saws first came out.

I think there's even a couple of flywheel/coil combinations that are only compatible with each other.

Last edited:

brad ruch

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
From what I can tell on the IPL
EL46 is from serial number 20121401173-20141399999
Coil is part# 581 72 3402
Wire harness is #577 96 7601
Both the coil and harness were different on the EL44.they were 14mhz and so was the coil.

The wire harness isn't that expensive like 28.50
Coil is about 80 bucks.
The coil and harness on the EL46 is 8Mhz

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

brad ruch

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ohh and I believe Husqvarna has switched to all torx head screws if you order them.ive heard for better torque specs.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk