High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Logosol Farmers M8

Stihlin Time

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
7:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I got this Logosol Farmers m8 from Baileys. It was on sale, free Shipping and another $50 off. It was still expensive, but it seems to be working out good. I still have lots of things to learn. Just learning how to mill and how to use this mill all at the same time. There doesn't seem to be a lot of info on these mills. I was going to take all kinds of pictures and keep track of how long it took me to put it together, but once I started never really did. I just wanted to get it together. I did get to use it some, but not as much as I would like so far. Seems like once I get the hang of it it's going to go really good. I think for my situation it's going to work out pretty good.DSCN1214.JPG

DSCN1215.JPG

DSCN1219.JPG

DSCN1226.JPG

DSCN1229.JPG

Stihlin Time

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I made the first few cuts with the 440 because I wasn't sure about mounting the carriage system on the 661 with the captive bar nuts on the clutch cover. I did just end up taking the captive nuts out of the cover and it seems to be working well. I tried afew other things and didn't like them. The 661 has been running perfect. just sucking down the fuel, but I guess that's to be expected. I really like it so far, just need some extra time and get some more milled up.
DSCN1234.JPG

DSCN1231.JPG

DSCN1236.JPG

DSCN1240.JPG

DSCN1238.JPG

quietfly

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Looks great!!! i've been wanting the M8 also, did you also get the milling chain from them?

Crzybowhntr

Apprentice Slacker
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I made the first few cuts with the 440 because I wasn't sure about mounting the carriage system on the 661 with the captive bar nuts on the clutch cover. I did just end up taking the captive nuts out of the cover and it seems to be working well. I tried afew other things and didn't like them. The 661 has been running perfect. just sucking down the fuel, but I guess that's to be expected. I really like it so far, just need some extra time and get some more milled up.
View attachment 15953

View attachment 15954

View attachment 15955

View attachment 15956

View attachment 15957
How long did it take you to make the boards in the 4th picture?

Stihlin Time

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Looks great!!! i've been wanting the M8 also, did you also get the milling chain from them?

I did not get anything else with the order. The free shipping was for the mill only. I really didn't need anything else. From what I understand the shipping is the same if you order 1 chain or 30 chains.

Stihlin Time

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
How long did it take you to make the boards in the 4th picture?

I have no idea total time. I just milled them kind of like the walnut planks in the pictures and then took a circular saw and cut them to 4 inches wide. I measured them out and took a chalk line to make a straight line. It def took me along time trying to get things right and being the first time I've ever milled before. Seems to be going better and getting faster as I go. I don't really even have a guess on how long it took, sorry.

Iron.and.bark

Eats trees & drinks dinosaur juice
Local time
7:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Nice pics. The most impressive thing was yours came with instructions and all the required bolts etc. Unlike mine. ;)

Sales service excluded these are nice units. Get a better finish than my bandsaw mill running .325 full comp chain on 24" GB bar fitted to a 3120xp.

Is definitely a light duty unit though.

Stihlin Time

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Now the fun part is over, show us your stickered stacks!

I'll have to take some more pictures. Problem is everything is being used, so I won't have very good pictures. I'll see how things go today. My wife has training so i'll be watching my boy. He's just at the age where you can't take your eye off him for no more then a few seconds, no joke. 2 year olds have a of getting into just about everything they shouldn't, as i'm sure some of you know. But he's a blast, just hard to get things done sometimes

Nice pics. The most impressive thing was yours came with instructions and all the required bolts etc. Unlike mine. ;)

Sales service excluded these are nice units. Get a better finish than my bandsaw mill running .325 full comp chain on 24" GB bar fitted to a 3120xp.

Is definitely a light duty unit though.

I did get directions with it, and most of the parts. I did have to "engineer" a few things and drill out some holes to make things fit. Some of the braces were bent during shipping also, not enough to complain, just being honest about it. I'm still getting everything adjusted to where is seems to be working good. I really haven't had a chance to mill a lot with it yet, but what I have, I've been impressed. Lots of other side projects going on as well. I'm happy with the finish on my boards, i'm just using regular stihl and Oregon chains round hand filed to like 10 degree. I'm sure i'll get better, but even happy with the way it is now.

J. R. "Bob" Dobbs

Active OPE Member
Local time
4:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I have no idea total time. I just milled them kind of like the walnut planks in the pictures and then took a circular saw and cut them to 4 inches wide. I measured them out and took a chalk line to make a straight line. It def took me along time trying to get things right and being the first time I've ever milled before. Seems to be going better and getting faster as I go. I don't really even have a guess on how long it took, sorry.
Nice pics! Got any projects planned for the lumber? Did you try to resaw your boards on the mill before bustin' out the circular saw? I'd imagine you would get straight dimensional lumber if you stacked the boards sideways and dogged em against the backstop. Could saw a few boards at a time that way without havin' to mess with a chalk line or jig.

J. R. "Bob" Dobbs

Active OPE Member
Local time
4:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Sh☼t happens. You been to Home Depot in the last couple of years? I still use a credit card at home depot and even Target. It's just the day and age we live in.:taptap: Best solution is to use credit instead of debit cards online. They usually eat the charge if you give em a call.

quietfly

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does the farmers m8 come with the winch for the chainsaw carriage?

Iron.and.bark

Eats trees & drinks dinosaur juice
Local time
7:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
No, it is additional option which can be bought :) come standard with full m8 from memory.