High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Lets hear it for top of the line PPE!

HuskyFan1977

Dave's High Performance Saw Shop
Local time
1:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Nothing like the feeling of fresh cut wood chips between yer toes! Some days its so hot I might be tempted to lol.
The guy holding the saw has a suspicious looking scar on his right arm. Mebbe he can't take a hint?
I didnt notice that scar until you mentioned it! Looks like a kickback injury sure enough!

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Nothing like the feeling of fresh cut wood chips between yer toes! Some days its so hot I might be tempted to lol.

I didnt notice that scar until you mentioned it! Looks like a kickback injury sure enough!
Or from a machete.....:nusenuse:

crowslayer17

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It did look like they had some sort of lanyards around their shoulders.

PissRev

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah these people are dirt poor and just use what they don't have. It's kind of sad but It is what it is.

Dougbert

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
My wife's from the Philippines. Been over there six times. My in-laws live in a rural area. Lots of free-hand milling just like that. Guys with big Stihls. Never saw any other brand.

One visit I watched a couple of guys with an ancient Stihl (loud as he'll) drop an 18-20" acacia and turn it into a 10-12' canoe hull in a day. After it dries out they'll add bamboo outriggers and paint it. Ready for hand line fishing. Amazing DIY skill with nary a thought of safety.

You want some fresh coconuts from your tree? Pay a local teenager 30-40 pesos to free climb 30, 40, 50' up there to kick a few lose. For a few more pesos he'll hack it open for you with his ancient machete while holding the coconut with his sandaled foot. Green coconut water is awesome on a hot day, and that's the only kind of day there is in the Philippines.

Last edited:

ayoungtexan

I tell a lot of lies
Local time
12:43 PM
User ID
Reaction score
My wife's from the Philippines. Been over there six times. My in-laws live in a rural area. Lots of free-hand milling just like that. Guys with big Stihls. Never saw any other brand.

One visit I watched a couple of guys with an ancient Stihl (loud as he'll) drop an 18-20" acacia and turn it into a 10-12' canoe hull in a day. After it dries out they'll add bamboo outriggers and paint it. Ready for hand line fishing. Amazing DIY skill with nary a thought of safety.

You want some fresh coconuts from your tree? Pay a local teenager 30-40 pesos to free climb 30, 40, 50' up there to kick a few lose. For a few more pesos he'll hack it open for you with his ancient machete while holding the coconut with his sandals foot. Green coconut water is awesome on a hot day, and that's the only kind of day there is in the Philippines.
I’ve been to the Philippines 4 times. Every time I’m there, the only saws I see are Stihl 070s and Echo 1200s and 1201s

Dougbert

Super OPE Member
Local time
10:43 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I was there a few weeks after the Bohol earthquake and super typhoon Yolanda late 2013. Much destruction everywhere and crews of 2-3 guys with a Stihl all over cutting lumber to repair or rebuild houses. Saw a couple of brand new 660 looking saws. 36" bars. Maybe 42. They like to work standing.

You also see guys welding in shorts, sandals, t-shirt. The t-shirt is wrapped around the head and cheap sunglasses complete the eye protection.