High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Left Coast Supplies & Best Online Chain Prices?

CrystalRiver1

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Studs,

Anybody know if they are still in business?
I used to get some great deals from them.
BTW...who has the best prices on chain online?
My local Stihl dealers all have raised their prices quite a bit since the COVID fallout!
Am I missing out on something with this "STIHL RAPID™ Super L Klassic (RSLK)" chain?
Is it better than regular chisel?:confundio1:

Thanks,

Reg

Last edited:

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They closed sometime last year I think. Dammed shame, that place was great.

I've heard of people using Frawleys saw shop (aka loggerchain.com), but I've never personally purchased anything from them. I've been buying Archer chain on eBay myself.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:13 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If I am correct Gregg Grande who once worked for Baileys became associated with left coast supply . He was or is one of the best parts chasers on the internet .That guy could find anything .
One example some time ago he found a bunch of short reels of .404 chisel skip chain in .058 which is what size I use on that 48" bar on the avatar saw .The chain was not even on Baileys inventory list but he found it .

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I buy a lot of chain from loggerchain.com. Good prices and fast shipping. Stahl's is VG too.
What kind of chain do they offer?

Don't forget to cruz the bay. Last year I got 2 packs of Husqvarna branded 84dl loops of LPX for $11 shipped.
Been digging on several sites for odd number link stuff to remake for long bars. The thing is... it might not be worth the time to make them but so far I'm avoiding buying that hyperskip with hyper prices. Less cutters = more money, wtf.

Asking for used up chain to dick with was futile.
404 ain't cheap or RS
Hesitantly considering a roll or quarter roll of Archer

Still waiting on my left coast order from two years ago. Doubt it shows up.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On this chain some times it's less expensive just to buy ready made loops than bulk chain .However every so often on cut rate chain you'll get about what you paid for .For example a once good logging supply I used to deal with had a deal on their house brand of 3/8" chisel .72 driver loops for around 10 bucks .If was supposed to be Carlton but evidently was a mistake they were trying to be rid of,lousy stuff .
Any more I seldom need to buy anything except the small loops of Stihl chain for the pair of 200T's which last a very long time .
Because of some actual bar lengths on some McCulloch bars I need to cut an 84 driver down to 81 driver .I've got a nice cache of tie straps,cutters etc for a number of brands including Stihl and a spinner .No problem .

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Stahl’s Sawmill has been great for bars and chain. Husky dealer, too
Just a bit over an hour from me. A while back I ordered a couple clutch parts for the 365 from them. Great to deal with, made a phone call, gave them my cc info and all the parts came at a discounted rate. Can't ask for anymore.

huskihl

Muh fingers look really big
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just a bit over an hour from me. A while back I ordered a couple clutch parts for the 365 from them. Great to deal with, made a phone call, gave them my cc info and all the parts came at a discounted rate. Can't ask for anymore.
Yep. I have had a few customers send me new saws right from them. They seem like a solid reputable company with pretty good prices

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
On this subject because it came up I ordered I think 32 sets of ties and backers for Oregon 3/8" chain for about 10-12 bucks .I need to do some repairs .Little known or perhaps not recognized right before the last rivet is the fastest a chain will ever run----get it all .

chipper1

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Don't forget to cruz the bay. Last year I got 2 packs of Husqvarna branded 84dl loops of LPX for $11 shipped.
You got me beat on that one bud.
I did get an Oregon 3/8 lp x.043x50dl today off craiglist for $5 today.
Here's my 3/8x84 deal from last week, I snagged up the last 2 sets :D.

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 12.12.59 PM.png

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
+1 on stahls. I stopped by last fall to check them out. Told them i drove from St. Louis just to see where my chain came from. They got all excited and gave my wife and i a grand tour. Gave us each a real nice t shirt too! Even took time to bullchit chainsaws and stuff. They have my business.

15990160502102518529067580145901.jpg