Kuuma vapor fire 100 cooking me out

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:08 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
a little background. I have a brand new house and added a kumma to the heating system. I’ve been running my Kumma 100 for a month on and off. I’m hesitant on firing it up when the out door temps creep above 32 degrees. Being that I have 2x6 walls and it’s tightly sealed with plenty of windows on the south and west side of the house. I get so much solar gain and it holds the heat in the night I’m cooked out often. I have no trouble getting the house up to 75 all day. I have the thermostat set to 60 and the dial on the draft control computer set to the lowest setting. The duct worry is tied into the heat runs and returns. During the weekend I only throw a few pieces in at a time, but over night I like to fill it up so I have coals in the morning but it cranks out the heat even at idle. I’ve gotten to the point of just turning the unit off overnight and let the pilot keep it alive. At least then the blower fan won’t kick in and the draft won’t open.

merc_man

merc_man
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
75 is getting cool im my house. Keep it at 80 most the winter.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Homemade

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
[emoji3062][emoji15][emoji3062]

60 used to be the norm in our house before we had our daughter. Then we bumped it up to 65. 72 is about our high comfort level. Of course with it getting warmer it’s easier to get the house too hot. I’ll think about this when it’s 0 degrees out in mid January.