High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Kicking ash with Dolmar ps 421

CoreyB

Yep I am your neighborhood coffee man
Local time
6:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
One of the main reasons I got the 421 is for felling smaller ash and hickory that are dead standing. I like to bore cut these so I like using the narrowest bar i can. Anyways here is a video of felling a 14 inch or so ash.

Keith Gandy

Maxima K2 40:1 87 Pump Gas
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
One of the main reasons I got the 421 is for felling smaller ash and hickory that are dead standing. I like to bore cut these so I like using the narrowest bar i can. Anyways here is a video of felling a 14 inch or so ash.
Cool video. Did u set a trigger on that cut?

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
7:30 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yes,did a lot of ash trees just like that. One thing I didn't like is shown in your vid. How fast they drop once you cut the trigger. I had a pro faller give me his method. Make a steep and deep notch(I prefer a Humboldt). Then gut the tree from the notch side. Then make a normal falling cut. It leaves a post on each side , you can swing the tree and it falls much slower.

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Yes,did a lot of ash trees just like that. One thing I didn't like is shown in your vid. How fast they drop once you cut the trigger. I had a pro faller give me his method. Make a steep and deep notch(I prefer a Humboldt). Then gut the tree from the notch side. Then make a normal falling cut. It leaves a post on each side , you can swing the tree and it falls much slower.
Cool I will have to try that. There was a lot of canopy that I didn't want it to get hung up in so wanted to make sure she had some momentum.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Cool I will have to try that. There was a lot of canopy that I didn't want it to get hung up in so wanted to make sure she had some momentum.

I understand that. Do a few big leaners using that method and watch how far and how fast they leave the stump. They quite literally jump.

cus_deluxe

terms of service violator
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Corey, is that muffler stock or modded? Seems to have nice pop to it. 40cc saws are overlooked imo.

CoreyB

Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Corey, is that muffler stock or modded? Seems to have nice pop to it. 40cc saws are overlooked imo.
The muffler is designed catted and opened a bit. still running the spark screen lol. I really like the sound of it. has just a little growl. I agree 40cc saws are way overlooked. thanks for watching my videos .