Kawasaki fuel pump

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I may be on to something Kawasaki FR 691V .Evidently the vacuum fuel pump has a failure not unlike a Briggs with a Pulsa jet carb .I'm only assuming it's a diaphragm pump with a buna n diaphragm which the ethanol could be working on it .It 's not very expensive to replace after market ,less than 10 bucks
The Briggs you can buy the soft parts for the pump cheaply too .The last I did that from MFG supply I ordered 3 sets .Both cases it nearly drove me bonkers before I figured out the problem .You expect it on a chainsaw but never on a lawn mower .Live and learn .

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
7:33 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The one on my FR730 went out last year. Was 22.99 for the Kawasaki original part from my local dealer. Had it in stock and was back in the game in under 2 hours. Including travel and BS time at the dealer!

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Run into a similar situation on a Kohler on a Miller Bobcat welder. Cleaned carb and it still wouldn’t run right. Bought a fuel pump and presto, runs right.

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've got an after market coming which most likely is exactly the same as OEM .It was a tad over 9 bucks with a new fuel filter included . The Toro zero turn was bought exactly 7 years ago this month .

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Might sound odd but just last week I changed the seat safety set which by testing it using a jumper to by pass it the damned mower worked .Then a few days later got to running erratic .What's the odds of both going out at almost the same time ? Now on the switch I had misplaced the service manual and had to trace out the wiring which took me over an hour to decipher it .I've got a printed off manual now stored in a place I can find it now .I was so mad I thought about nailing it on the wall .