K10 Rapid-fire 10-Ton Compact Electric Kinetic Log Splitter

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
6:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Saw this yesterday at a farm store: compact, electric, kinetic, log splitter. About $550.

DR Electric Kinetic Log Splitter .jpg

Screen shot 2021-07-24 at 2.41.44 PM.png

Don't see it listed on the DR web page, but there are some older YouTube videos, and some images of similar looking splitters with different brand names.

Anyone familiar with, or have experience with these? How do they compare with the $300, compact, electric splitters?

Thanks.

Philbert

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
7:38 AM
User ID
Reaction score
This video is 6 years old, but I have never seen these before.

Philbert

Me neither. Good clip there.

Love to get some feedback on one in use daily that didn't break every month.

It looks faster than my 6 ton dr hydro and I love that one. Have not started up a bigger gas splitter here in over two years now :D for my wood.

My 6T does up to 20x20 rounds even in white oak with no knots. Technique matters and knowing how to read the wood a bit. Halving the wedge area helps with the big ones. It stalls once in a while and sticks a round on the wedge that won't split. No big deal.

????
That said do these split knotty red oak?... idk.
Mine doing my short firewood has a short cycle time because I run a sled block to keep my travel time down a bunch. It is a two speed but slow being bone stock still. My wood is mostly 15-16" stuff or noodled blocks from bigger stuff. I got two sizes of add on blocks here handy most times at four and six inches to shorten my travel time.

Re-splits won't be any faster imo but maybe a bit. I don't sell wood anymore but considering it. My little dr hydro electric splitter could easily take on a four way staggered wedge and still be fine imo. My small gas one can run a four way most times. The big gas job could run a box or custom wedge this time around if at all. These are about the fastest splitters short of a processors :cool: