Just Bought a Small Engine Tachometer

GBertolet

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
6:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just bought a Fast Tach tachometer. It has a replacable battery, and it works on induction, with no wires needed. I had a Treyset, and the scale came loose, and now spins around, making any readings impossible. The Treyset was difficult for one person to use, while holding the throttle open of a chainsaw. I saw an ad for this tachometer, and bought it. It covers 2 stroke, 4 stroke, and multi cylinders. What a pleasure to use. It can store the max rpm of your test engine. Hold it a foot from your plug wire, and you are good.

I had a brain fart, by setting the option for every other revolution for a 4 stroke small engine, finally realizing that the plug fires on both compression and exhaust strokes. At least I learned that I don't have to change anything for 2 or 4 stroke, single cylinder engines. I paid $85 for it. Not cheap, but it is of better quality than much of the low cost ebay stuff.

https://www.tinytach.com/chainsaw-tools

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
5:23 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I just bought a Fast Tach tachometer. It has a replacable battery, and it works on induction, with no wires needed. I had a Treyset, and the scale came loose, and now spins around, making any readings impossible. The Treyset was difficult for one person to use, while holding the throttle open of a chainsaw. I saw an ad for this tachometer, and bought it. It covers 2 stroke, 4 stroke, and multi cylinders. What a pleasure to use. It can store the max rpm of your test engine. Hold it a foot from your plug wire, and you are good.

I had a brain fart, by setting the option for every other revolution for a 4 stroke small engine, finally realizing that the plug fires on both compression and exhaust strokes. At least I learned that I don't have to change anything for 2 or 4 stroke, single cylinder engines. I paid $85 for it. Not cheap, but it is of better quality than much of the low cost ebay stuff.

https://www.tinytach.com/chainsaw-tools

They be handy and a dude here sells and 3d printer holder and allows you to snap it on you handle so you can watch it through the cut.

jakethesnake

I Am The Snake
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
They be handy and a dude here sells and 3d printer holder and allows you to snap it on you handle so you can watch it through the cut.
Yes. I have the holder too. I recommend it

GBertolet

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Who makes the 3D holder?

JB-PlantHeirloom

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now that I might be upgrading my game, building stuff, I might go for another tach. The wrap the cheap wire around the spark plug wire is a hassle and gets old. Plus, almost impossible to do while actually cutting with the equipment.