Just another 1/4 turn thread

Carhartt

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I don't have any pics, but I do get some tight ones in. Wonders me how they don't pull out of the case. I guess cause most of them are STIHL's.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’d bet it was a combination of prying face cuts out (another bad habit... use your axe that you should be carrying if your a real logger!) and over tightening the bar nuts. You want em snug to keep strain off the tensioner on kickbacks yes... but if one has to use a ratchet to get them loose... that’s too tight! Lol

Last edited:

Al Smith

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I've seen them pull the studs right out of a Stihl chainsaw .They must have used a cheater bar or something .Conventional thinking is use an insert to repair them .There is another option .Use an 056 stud which is M10 saw side,M8 bar side .

redlight066

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I drilled and used an easy out to get a carb screw out already. Obviously the smallest easy out you can find.
If your H screw needs turned in that far you got bigger problems with your saw.
I didn’t even try to remove it. I had a couple of used spares in the drawer. If he twisted it that hard, I would assume there was prolly some damage in there.

Remember, He said he was having a problem with it idling. Lol. Layers of funny here. Anyway it’s fixt now

I Know Something

Super OPE Member
Local time
1:58 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ll start. Some guys just have to put that extra quarter turn and this guy is probably extra half a turn. Yes, that’s a bar stud :facepalm:

Post up your ham handed pics here
View attachment 244797
Omg. I'll post one up when I get home. More then a 1/4 to 1/2 turn. My boss....was like. !!!!!!wtf?????!!!!!!