Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
8:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You should of just listed it on here first.. Save your self the taxes and eBay fees. Good luck.

Yeah but let's face it, we're a bunch of chainsaw loving tire kickers! :D

Also we are a very small percentage of the collectors out there. Even with the fees and taxes he'll clear more than a private sale on a forum or Facebook. And it will be sold in a week compared to months of price drops here.

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:26 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yeah but let's face it, we're a bunch of chainsaw loving tire kickers! :D

Also we are a very small percentage of the collectors out there. Even with the fees and taxes he'll clear more than a private sale on a forum or Facebook. And it will be sold in a week compared to months of price drops here.

Yep. I don't care for the fees and taxes that come with selling on eBay, but it's usually worth my while to sell there. Several weeks ago, I sold a Stihl BLK that brought $3,500 on eBay. Not sure I could have gotten $1,000 for it here.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Yep. I don't care for the fees and taxes that come with selling on eBay, but it's usually worth my while to sell there. Several weeks ago, I sold a Stihl BLK that brought $3,500 on eBay. Not sure I could have gotten $1,000 for it here.

I follow all your saws on eBay. It's fascinating to me watching a premium item bring a premium price at auction.

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Nice, well hopefully you find a couple nuts on eBay..

Nuts? I prefer to call them collectors. And eBay offers a lot more international exposure, which is important when selling a saw that’s rare and collectible. Case in point — my last 110 went to a collector in France; he sent me an XA diesel in trade.

I don’t have a problem with selling here, but mainly to sell mainstream stuff - 044, 036, etc.

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks. I almost always list with No Reserve, so it can be stressful at times, but it generally works out for me.

Whenever I sell on eBay I always list no reserve. Gets more people bidding if they think they can get the high big. I also always start at $1! Really gets interesting the amount of early bidders you get when it's cheap.

bulletpruf

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whenever I sell on eBay I always list no reserve. Gets more people bidding if they think they can get the high big. I also always start at $1! Really gets interesting the amount of early bidders you get when it's cheap.

Ditto. Regardless of what I think it will sell for, I always start at $1.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
6:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

That's what you want to do is generate a lot of interest early on and not run the auction for too long - seven days seems to be the magic number.

Many times I posted large, desirable saws for sale at AS back in the day and several members would tell me that I was a knucklehead.

I'd list them on Ebay and end up with $2-300 more than what I was asking on the forum.