Trader history (0)

force10powertools

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Morning all.

In the big clear out I'm having at the moment i came across a really clean jonny 670 champ.
All it needs is a cylinder and piston.
it's slightly different to the husky equivalent in as much as that it has a brass pipe coming out of the transfer port to act as a pulse line for the carb.

Don't suppose any of you lovely chaps have one kicking about do ya? She's MINT so i'd like to stay genuine if possible. I'd also be interested in a full wrap if anyone knows of one.

I think the discovery of this saw might impede the potential sale of the 630 and 625 i was going to sell. They'd look just as lovely on the shelf together as they would in the woods.

Cheers

Matt

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
2:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Morning all.

In the big clear out I'm having at the moment i came across a really clean jonny 670 champ.
All it needs is a cylinder and piston.
it's slightly different to the husky equivalent in as much as that it has a brass pipe coming out of the transfer port to act as a pulse line for the carb.

Don't suppose any of you lovely chaps have one kicking about do ya? She's MINT so i'd like to stay genuine if possible. I'd also be interested in a full wrap if anyone knows of one.

I think the discovery of this saw might impede the potential sale of the 630 and 625 i was going to sell. They'd look just as lovely on the shelf together as they would in the woods.

Cheers

Matt
If just by chance you feel like its not worth you time Id by it as a parts saw

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
3:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have 625 used oem top ends. Not that u would want a 625 on a670 case but they run dam good. I ran one right before I switched it to a 630 then to 670 and the 625 was a dam strong saw giving very little up to the 670.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have a 670 on the way to me its a runner just need a clutch cover. I have heard that I can put a 272 on there so thats what it will probably be .

force10powertools

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have 625 used oem top ends. Not that u would want a 625 on a670 case but they run dam good. I ran one right before I switched it to a 630 then to 670 and the 625 was a dam strong saw giving very little up to the 670.

Yeah that whole series of saws are brilliant, i have at least one of each. They're just the simplest most dependable saw, they're a doddle to work on and (on the whole) parts cross over from one to another quite well. I'm a big fan of the 630 in particular, had one for years. it's absolutely tattered, paid £50 quid for it from some old dude who'd had it from new. Still my go-to saw for a lot of stuff.

force10powertools

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I have a 670 on the way to me its a runner just need a clutch cover. I have heard that I can put a 272 on there so thats what it will probably be .
272 cover will fit but it's a sightly different shape on the jonnys it goes over the tube of the handle rather than stopping short and leaving the handle exposed. as far as i know all the jonsered covers in that series fit each other. one of my 630s has a later 625 cover and brake because the original brake was a bit floppy.
Unfortunately the cylinder is different, i could probably make it fit by adding the little pulse pipe myself but it'd be nice to know its right.

Stackowood

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You should be able to find a good used cylinder, and Meteor makes a very good quality 50mm piston for these. The main issue is the intake boot which is NLA and they have been known to leak. Don't worry too much about the inpulse hose - if you decide to go with a 268 or 272 cylinder you can always convert your carb to internal impulse. Added benefit is that you get rid of the boot.

force10powertools

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
You should be able to find a good used cylinder, and Meteor makes a very good quality 50mm piston for these. The main issue is the intake boot which is NLA and they have been known to leak. Don't worry too much about the inpulse hose - if you decide to go with a 268 or 272 cylinder you can always convert your carb to internal impulse. Added benefit is that you get rid of the boot.
Good to know. I think i have a 272 kit somewhere, dont suppose you know if the manifold would be the same as a 268k? i've got one of those knocking about in bits that may provide the extra bits needed.

force10powertools

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
If just by chance you feel like its not worth you time Id by it as a parts saw
Should i get to the point where i get too busy to have any project saws on the go i'll let you know. but for now she's a keeper ;-)

David Young

Safety First !!!!!!
Staff member
Local time
3:25 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I have one but shipping from us may be rough.

stihled

STIHL 044
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
i have a 630 super cylinder piston / kit

force10powertools

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
All sorted now cheers guys. Bryan sorted one out for me.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk