High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Jonsered 2252 school me on autotune

Boomer 87

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Ok just so i know kinda what to expect. I bought a 2252, it isnt in my possession yet. But i bought it with the knowledge that it wont run past an idle. It starts and idles but no WOT. I have ported 545 that runs like a scalded banshee, and wanted a red one to match. I know nothing about autotune setups. Is there an ah ha issue regarding this problem? I just basically need any info on autotune bc thats kinda what the issue sounds like. Any info would be great.

Tpagel

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
You will get some guys to help for sure.
I just saw @huskyboy post someplace about a secret screw on his 2253.
Maybe what's on your bench?

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Tpagel

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Also you saw my 2252 with the sweet @MG2186 muffler and had to have one.
Nice score by the way

jackjcc

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Make sure the spark screen isn’t plugged first. After that is there is an issue with the mixture it sounds like the Stihl issue with the servo that controlled the mix ratio. Once you get it make sure all things airflow (filter, Venturi, spark screen) are good. Then make sure the throttle cable is actuating the butterfly and report back.

I’ve had this exact saw for 4 years, so I’m fairly familiar with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Boomer 87

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok thanks for the info, i will check all the primary things first for sure. I was reluctant to own a "computer controlled" saw but the 545 and 576 both run really really well. But i admit i know nothing about such new systems.

Boomer 87

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I guess another question is, if i need mixture control parts, can i get by without a dealer repair bill. Bc i hate paying anyone to work on my stuff lol.

Tpagel

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Its basically all your fault, there i was just minding my own with my 475 pro, and you let me cut with the 545, been downhill ever since lol.
I can take the heat ...so buddy your welcome.
Now you have some fast Swede saws

How many Husqy s and Jreds do you have now?
I won't tell your wife.

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
5:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If the saw runs fine as is then I wouldn’t mess with the secret screw. I don’t think the screw is gonna affect wfo throttle. I think something else is a issue on that saw. Fuel filter new ? Carb kit new?

Boomer 87

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Ok so i got the saw today. Piston looks fine, i swapped spark plugs and fuel filter. That made no change. Exhaust screen looks fine.

It does run higher than idle, if you rev very slowly it will run up to id say 9k or so but at 60% throttle or above it starts misfiring and bogging,if held long enough it will pull down and die. I did notice the spark plug i took out was pretty black was darker than my 545. It definitely feels like a fuel delivery issue to me.

Is there anything special to rebuilding this carb? Ive heard the chainsaw guy on YouTube mentioning "rebooting" a saw. Is there anything to this?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ok so i got the saw today. Piston looks fine, i swapped spark plugs and fuel filter. That made no change. Exhaust screen looks fine.

It does run higher than idle, if you rev very slowly it will run up to id say 9k or so but at 60% throttle or above it starts misfiring and bogging,if held long enough it will pull down and die. I did notice the spark plug i took out was pretty black was darker than my 545. It definitely feels like a fuel delivery issue to me.

Is there anything special to rebuilding this carb? Ive heard the chainsaw guy on YouTube mentioning "rebooting" a saw. Is there anything to this?
I’d have it checked out on autotune computer and see if maybe there’s any error codes or something?

Boomer 87

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was hoping not to have to, uncharted territory for me. I wonder if i should do the basics, fuel line, filter carb rebuild, and go from there

Last edited:

Boomer 87

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Anybody know what the going rate on having one of these scanned for error codes is?

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Anybody know what the going rate on having one of these scanned for error codes is?
If you remove the carb you can ship it to one of the dealers on here and I’m sure they’d do it reasonable for you.

Boomer 87

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
So I talked to somewhat local saw guy, been working on saws for like 40 years, he said he had a 545 come in with same illness and he hooked it up and reset everything back to original so to speak. He said hed do that to mine for about 30 bucks. His only concern is it being a jonsered, will his husky computer equipment work with it. What you guys think?

DND 9000

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
11:37 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
His only concern is it being a jonsered, will his husky computer equipment work with it. What you guys think?

I think this is no problem, because it`s the same technology. If I remember right from Spike 60`s video about the auto tune with the 562, in the diagnostic software was also Jonsered shown.

Boomer 87

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Its worth a shot for 30 bucks, if it dont fix it, ill buy a new carb and have it programed again. I got it right enough to spend alittle time and money on.