Jonsered 2150 "normal" compression??

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I seldom venture outside of pro saw territory, so these 2150's are out of my experience range....

I had one saw with what I consider low comp @ 125, but no scoring so I thought stuck ring or something ...I had a mint top end off another one, so thought I would do a swap if need be....Well everything looks perfect in the original although it had a nasty vac leak which I've taken care of...Scratching my head, I put the other mint top end on....Same thing..125 comp.

Are these things notoriously low comp???....I'm in so deep for time now, I might as well finish the job....All because I hate to see a saw sit dead..lol :)

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
10:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm going to say yes even though I've never checked mine. Compression testing saws isn't all that reliable IMO unless it's wicked low I wouldn't think much of it. If it starts easily and runs/tunes well then it's fine. They are known to develop air leaks around the seals and some have the plastic intake clamp. They're just a red 350. I'd check those two things and if it's all good...run it.

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Someone must have stuck a compression tester in one of these saws???:nusenuse:

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
There are flat top replacements which will make a big difference in performance. I used a lil red barn two ring flat top piston one time and it kicked ass.

Thanks...I'm fully aware that I can put a 353 piston in it, but I'm just trying to put together a saw to sell, There is absolutely no reason for either of these top ends to have low comp, so again my question is, what is an actual normal comp reading for these or an EPA 350 Husky??.....If this is typical I will finish off the saw, but otherwise I have ton of other saws to spend time on.

beaglebriar

The Peanut Gallery
GoldMember
Local time
10:49 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Here buddy this should put your mind at ease. Same saw as you have....disregard the rest of the mess. I have several saws in pieces at the moment.

9f55c126183f826b1d98705af8393de2.jpg

jockeydeuce

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks so much guys....That's what I was after!...Cheers!