High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Jonsered 2095 Help needed.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
3:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Got a Jonny by the tail and...oh my ,,,it needs a carb. I don't get many Husky's to look at and have never held a JonnyRed before...anyway Im looking for options for a new carb on this saw. PN's I've located are 503 28 03-18 and those prices seem a bit out of line... found one for $266... and a 503 28 04 06 and not found any of those available yet....
Anybody have some options and maybe some PNs for substitutes in case a carb rebuild doesn't go it.

Thanks.

Ill tag bob as he's always willing to help a wayward husky soul
@Spike60

huskyboy

Sorta a husqvarna guy...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
What do these take? Tilly HS family? Maybe keep the old carb for the throttle and choke shafts... and swapping them onto another carb from the same family... could work possibly. I’ve done it on other carbs.

Last edited:

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
What do these take? Tilly HS? Maybe keep the old carb for the throttle and choke shafts... and swapping them onto another carb from the same family... could work possibly. I’ve done it on other carbs.
its a tilly ( says S265A508) as the only ID N#'s...
Ive thought about the same thing on many saws....

Thanks Mason

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
12:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Being that it's a cable-actuated carb, the Husky 394/395 carb might be easiest to retrofit in there. Another candidate might be the 395/390 carbs.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
265a tillotson. What do you want to know? Not understanding if you want a replacement or??? I would rebuild it first imho. Only time I've seen a rebuild kit not work is really corroded and pitted or cracked etc...
So my answer is ...yes....I'm looking for a rebuild kit (without luck so far) and assuming when I do find one that i will be seeking a replacement carb for my efforts. I'm not at all familiar with this breed so forgive the "ignorance"
Usually the folks in the know, know how to make stuff work when not much else will (without throwing lots of $ at the issue)

Last edited:

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
12:08 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So my answer is ...yes....I'm looking for a rebuild kit (without luck so far) and assuming when I do find on that i will be seeking a replacement carb for my efforts. I'm not at all familiar with this breed so forgive the "ignorance"
Usually the folks in the know, know how to make stuff work when not much else will (without throwing lots of $ at the issue)

Rebuild kit should be an RK-23HS, which are abundant. They're a pretty simple carb, very similar to a Husky 281/288 carb internally.

Lightning Performance

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Rebuild kit should be an RK-23HS, which are abundant. They're a pretty simple carb, very similar to a Husky 281/288 carb internally.
If they are dead simple carbs it might be one of the reasons these owners tell me those saws are reliable 2095, 288/281. Never had one but tried one out at a gtg. Strong saw stock with a muffler mod.

Are the carb connections the same as 394?

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'll have a look Angelo. Don't have much 2095 stuff. Might be something in the back building, but ah...….I already took a shower this morning. :)

I imagine you're getting clobbered right about now.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I'll have a look Angelo. Don't have much 2095 stuff. Might be something in the back building, but ah...….I already took a shower this morning. :)

I imagine you're getting clobbered right about now.
Yeah we were. Just hustled a generator and got some power back up.
No internet ...lots of downed trees and neighbors calling for help. Been out all day pulling white pine brush... hate pine...everyone thinks you "want" to take their fallen trees because you sell firewood. Well pine isn't firewood and fallen trees ain't in my yard all bucked up and stacked...
Lemme know if you find sumptin bob. A few guys have offered stuff fairly priced so dont feel bad if you dont trip over a part and find a Jonny carby

Spike60

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Had a look and nothing back there. Also had no internet until just a few minutes ago, so was unable to reply sooner than now.