Not open for further replies.

Kw trees

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I hoped this wouldn’t come to this but unfortunately I gotta vent because of it.

Few months ago I bought John Reilly MS440/460 (Hybrid) I saw on YouTube. I’ve been watching him over the years and figured since I been busting my ass off in business I should at lest spoil my self with it.

I reached out told him, I was interested, and made a deal. I told him I didn’t want a hot saw or pos clone saw I and would rather have work saw.
He agreed on $1060 w shipping included. He went on building the saw and it looked good so as soon as I got it I used for about 3 tanks.

It seized on job, no bigge had stuff happen before, left him message and he called back: he told me to ship it back and he would fix it so I agreed send it back to him.

I told him to take his time do it right and honestly could have it until spring. Xmas went past, news years went passed, and he said it was ready: cool.

I’m out state doing work so I figured I send it to someone I trust and have bought saws from before and low in behold the friend told me hey your saw here box is all messed up thanks (usps).

I told him if he’s like to, please check out and make sure there’s no leaks. The friend sent me the picture of cylinder that was supposed ported which was and it was shot and something was messed up on the clutch.

I was pretty upset but I came home & went to see my buddy. My buddy showed me everything so I called John and sent him pictures of cylinder and told him it that unacceptable and that I wanted refund.

After a good solid month I’ve asked John what is going on he stated he was trying to sell it and this and that I’m just at point now where my patience is running out on it: I just can’t believe, it well my rant is over.Happy

Attachments

• D013ADAA-6AFA-4240-8C54-D2E8BE8260DC.jpeg
    D013ADAA-6AFA-4240-8C54-D2E8BE8260DC.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 582
  • 7FB9F4FD-10D2-4AC2-947F-B8CC229CAB76.jpeg
    7FB9F4FD-10D2-4AC2-947F-B8CC229CAB76.jpeg
    203.6 KB · Views: 593
  • 2B71EB95-6D70-4D3F-8A88-66D5BD80C629.jpeg
    2B71EB95-6D70-4D3F-8A88-66D5BD80C629.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 614
  • 67F48EC6-07DF-4E5A-8E4B-2D1BE12F76A6.jpeg
    67F48EC6-07DF-4E5A-8E4B-2D1BE12F76A6.jpeg
    77.8 KB · Views: 640
  • 3972955C-59FF-4DD8-AFF4-361DB1EEF3CA.jpeg
    3972955C-59FF-4DD8-AFF4-361DB1EEF3CA.jpeg
    87.4 KB · Views: 571
Last edited:

Kw trees

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
More pictures

Attachments

• BE0CF65A-5693-49B4-8C4D-23FD2D8EEEF0.jpeg
    BE0CF65A-5693-49B4-8C4D-23FD2D8EEEF0.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 392
  • F89D935E-BA37-4696-A4CE-D9FB5DDA5480.jpeg
    F89D935E-BA37-4696-A4CE-D9FB5DDA5480.jpeg
    43.7 KB · Views: 387

Kw trees

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
This was first cylinder that did

Attachments

• A67E838B-070E-4BD6-9163-EA8A32387280.jpeg
    A67E838B-070E-4BD6-9163-EA8A32387280.jpeg
    97.9 KB · Views: 403
  • 881D67F0-3AB0-4108-82F5-8A59611677CA.jpeg
    881D67F0-3AB0-4108-82F5-8A59611677CA.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 440
  • 92F2CC26-063B-4B3F-AF86-8C0385A83A31.jpeg
    92F2CC26-063B-4B3F-AF86-8C0385A83A31.jpeg
    120.5 KB · Views: 433

Deets066

AKA Deetsey
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Well I hoped this wouldn’t come to this but unfortunately I gotta vent because of it so I few months ago I bought John Reilly MS440/460 I saw on YouTube been watching him over the years and figured since I been busting my ass off in business I should atlest spoil my self with it so I reached out told I was interested and made a deal told him I didn’t want a hot saw or pos clone saw I and would rather have work saw so he agreed after 1060 w shipping included he went on building the saw and and it looked good so as soon as I got it I used for about 3 tanks it sized on job no bigge had stuff happen before left him message and and called back told me to ship it back and he would fix it so I agreed send it back to told him to take his time do it right and honestly could have it until spring so Xmas went past news years went passed and he said it was ready cool I’m out state doing work figured I sent to someone I trust and bought saws from before and low in behold he told hey your saw here box is all messed up thanks (usps) I told him if like to check out and make sure there’s no leaks and then he said me the picture of cylinder that was supposed ported which was and it was shot and something was messed up on the clutch so I was pretty upset but I came back home to do couple things went to see my buddy and he showed me everything so I called John and sent him pictures of cylinder and told him it that unacceptable and that I wanted refund now after good solid month I asked him what going on he stated he was trying to sell it and this and that I’m just at point now where patients are running out on it I just can’t believe it well my rant is over
A little punctuation would go a long way, just sayin.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ken- everybody,
Everybody- Ken.

Now that the pleasantries of introduction are behind us, I can vouch for all said above. Ken is a friend of mine, a Marine, and a genuine good guy.

This saw was across my bench after being rebuilt by Reilly with Ken’s only request of “make it right”.
Aftermarket parts a’plenty, clutch drum with a worn out bore and a whooped ass OEM cylinder that belongs in the recycling bin.

Keep in mind that Ken paid for a ported saw. This garbage replacement cylinder had minimal grinding to appear ported, however, where the ports met the bore, no work done. Transfer tunnels, intake and exhaust were tickled just a wee bit.
No timing changed.
No machine work.

To me, AM cases is an AM saw.
This one was cleverly disguised.
OEM badge on a Chinese recoil assembly.
OEM buffer plugs.
OEM tank with EC Saws sticker.
Though I didn’t see it with my own eyes, It has been said by seller and buyer that the first cylinder was AM.

Ken had the saw shipped directly to me as he was logging on the west coast. He didn’t ask me to tear it down, just to check it and “run the piss out of it” as he could not and wanted a quality, reliable saw to put this all behind him.
Saw showed up in a busted ass box, no clutch cover, with some obvious AM plastics and cases etc. I took it upon myself to inspect it. Glad I did. The AM intake boot clamp was hanging loose around the flexible portion of the intake, not in place around the intake. The clutch wobbled and rang like a bell just in handling. I never ran the saw.

I have also been party to another transaction between a local fella and the same seller. I can only say that did not go well according to me, but after negotiations and such, that buyer repaired his own saw (the second time it required it) requiring a replacement piston, machine work, fitting, etc. and he wishes not to be involved in this incident with Ken.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ken- everybody,
Everybody- Ken.

Now that the pleasantries of introduction are behind us, I can vouch for all said above. Ken is a friend of mine, a Marine, and a genuine good guy.

This saw was across my bench after being rebuilt by Reilly with Ken’s only request of “make it right”.
Aftermarket parts a’plenty, clutch drum with a worn out bore and a whooped ass OEM cylinder that belongs in the recycling bin.

Keep in mind that Ken paid for a ported saw. This garbage replacement cylinder had minimal grinding to appear ported, however, where the ports met the bore, no work done. Transfer tunnels, intake and exhaust were tickled just a wee bit.
No timing changed.
No machine work.

To me, AM cases is an AM saw.
This one was cleverly disguised.
OEM badge on a Chinese recoil assembly.
OEM buffer plugs.
OEM tank with EC Saws sticker.
Though I didn’t see it with my own eyes, It has been said by seller and buyer that the first cylinder was AM.

Ken had the saw shipped directly to me as he was logging on the west coast. He didn’t ask me to tear it down, just to check it and “run the piss out of it” as he could not and wanted a quality, reliable saw to put this all behind him.
Saw showed up in a busted ass box, no clutch cover, with some obvious AM plastics and cases etc. I took it upon myself to inspect it. Glad I did. The AM intake boot clamp was hanging loose around the flexible portion of the intake, not in place around the intake. The clutch wobbled and rang like a bell just in handling. I never ran the saw.

I have also been party to another transaction between a local fella and the same seller. I can only say that did not go well according to me, but after negotiations and such, that buyer repaired his own saw (the second time it required it) requiring a replacement piston, machine work, fitting, etc. and he wishes not to be involved in this incident with Ken.

Thanks for laying it out for folks to read Dave. People need to see this stuff.

jacob j.

Lord of Cargo Pants
GoldMember
Local time
3:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

The first cylinder looks aftermarket to me. It sounds like Mr. Reilly went to the Ironhorse school of custom saw building.

Do you need some OEM parts to make this machine right? I can supply a few.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thanks for laying it out for folks to read Dave. People need to see this stuff.
Agreed.
This is not something I take lightly.
This was not the first course of action on Ken’s part.
This is what the petulant child of a seller deserves.

I’ve met John at your place three times, raced against him, talked saws and chains, etc.
I’ve watched his videos on YouTube, taken pointers on square filing online and in person.
I looked up to him.

That changed after seeing how he treated Ken, and still is.
John is back in possession of his POS saw and still will not refund Ken when it is clearly due.
I’d say it’s criminal at this point.
Only excuses and accusations toward a man that literally Fedexed an envelope full of cash and wanted a saw he can work and be proud of.

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
5:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Agreed.
This is not something I take lightly.
This was not the first course of action on Ken’s part.
This is what the petulant child of a seller deserves.

I’ve met John at your place three times, raced against him, talked saws and chains, etc.
I’ve watched his videos on YouTube, taken pointers on square filing online and in person.
I looked up to him.

That changed after seeing how he treated Ken, and still is.
John is back in possession of his POS saw and still will not refund Ken when it is clearly due.
I’d say it’s criminal at this point.
Only excuses and accusations toward a man that literally Fedexed an envelope full of cash and wanted a saw he can work and be proud of.

You know how I feel about this sort of thing.

Fruecrue

certified hand catcher
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The first cylinder looks aftermarket to me. It sounds like Mr. Reilly went to the Ironhorse school of custom saw building.

Appreciate the offer JJ.
I can speak for Ken with confidence that he would never run this saw again if it was made of gold. He wants to sever all ties to JR and move on.
Saw was not as advertised, clear as day.
He does want his money back from JR, of course.

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think you know how I feel about this sort of thing too.

You Do.

The first question I asked after seeing all this earlier was has Moosby been made aware?

While this is everyone’s forum you tote the badge, however your above post about how he doesn’t post here speaks volume: the Innertube has no Police.

I hoped there is enough presence here for there to be some proper movement: we shall see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hseII

AKA - Karenberly's Husband
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Dis anudder of the Plastic Pony alumni?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
11:35 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Unrelated to the OP's case, but wasn't there some sort of commotion regarding ECSaws a while back? o_O

And, I did not know JR is ECSaws.

Interesting how someone takes the long route building a reputation just to flush it down the toilet.
I guess the temptation overcomes them.

drf256

Dr. Richard Cranium
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sad story. Any ideas on how the first rendition seized?

First jug really looks like the bad batch of meteors cylinders DD gave away. The band cut and “16V” on top I’ve seen before. The ring of death is large.

Once you enter the arena of selling saws you’ve modded it’s a slippery slope. You better be able to eat some crow and back yourself up. It’s sad that some guys don’t get that and that these types of issues occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.