High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

JMS " Belt Sanders and Shortcuts"

CR500

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
ALRIGHT guys, I know I'm not alone on quality issues here. I currently have 3 ,saws done by J. This thread will be for anybody that has issues with his saws. Post pics of carnage, jerry rigging and resolution of these saws.

I bought my 064 from John here and a big shout out to him and the other people who have been in touch ( y'all know who you are) it really brightens the situation knowing that people here to help and I wish I could help more sometimes.

I sent the saw to J last year and he performed his magic and even did a thread on it, I only ran it one tank and this saw was a one owner saw and was a great example of a 064.

It allegedly had a "Minty" piston installed. It was also in his top 5 strongest saws, the saw went to CT for a goth and was ran by a few members here and Dan did some comparisons with a couple other saws as well.

It returns to me and I was floored with how strong it was!! Tuned it to 13.8 with a hard 4 stroke. Always ran a 32:1 mix in it. If it was a different brand of oil it was re-tuned. After a bit I was advised that it could be tuned to around 14.2 for work. I tuned it to 14.0 and it still was rich so I left it between 13.8 and 14k

Saw always a runner and will not deny it, any of his saws I have are runners. ( pulling a couple jugs of to send out)

So Friday I cut with it and it was fine, hit a piece of metal and was done for the day, Saturday I swapped a chain started it was warming it up like I always done and SNAP.

Hear some rattling and feel it is locked up, pull the muffler and find this, sorry about quality but you get the picture lol

So this is where I'm at with the saw. With some great members on here I possibly have a few parts needed to get back up and running.KIMG0085.jpg KIMG0086.jpg

Attachments

• KIMG0088.jpg
    KIMG0088.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 95

BrokenSVT

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oof. Sorry to see this damage, and wish I were surprised to hear of it. It seems that every one of his saws is destined for a rebuild sooner than later. It makes me wonder how he's managed to keep his "logging buddies" from ripping him limb for limb.

CR500

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
J
Oof. Sorry to see this damage, and wish I were surprised to hear of it. It seems that every one of his saws is destined for a rebuild sooner than later. It makes me wonder how he's managed to keep his "logging buddies" from ripping him limb for limb.

Probably took all "our" good parts. Like the killswitch to my 7900,dual port muffler I donated, however did say the 064 ran slower with the dual port but did essentially make a dual port muffler out of my muffler cage

CJ Brown

I learned it from a hockey card...
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
7:52 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Shouldn't by now ALL JMSSAWS owners have realized that they're better of not running the saws and check them out instead of running them till they break down in catastrophic failure?o_O

I am just wondering, don't want to step on anyone's toes.
As a matter of fact, I believe this is my first reply regarding this topic.

I don't own any ported saws, lest a JMS.
But I have had bad luck with my last two used saw purchases - especially the latest on.
Neither one will qualify for a "You suck" after I'm done swapping out parts with new ones, but they'll both receive all and any parts needed to make them run properly again.

Realizing that a saw is in much worse condition than advertised is not a good feeling!
Even worse when one realizes that the claimed history of the saw is not even close to the actual truth.

I hope You get Your saw back up and running! :)