It's A Disease For Me

toolmaker

Super OPE Member
Local time
8:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
And I call it the curse of the Toolmaker. Can't leave anything alone, gotta mod it and make it my own in some shape or form.
The dust hadn't settled in my driveway as I watched someone drive away with my 460, and I was already thinking of what mods to perform on the new 462.

I'm already in line for a port job with @huskil.

Already swapped out the twin oversized felling dogs from the 460.

I saw somewhere recently a video in which someone had some sort of anti-vibration mod? Can't remember what it could have been? Does it help and do I need it?

Upgrade suggestions, please.

Oh: I watched several videos comparing muff covers and was surprised that several of them showed the Eagan cover to be faster than the Bark Box. Hhhhhmmmm.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
6:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Modifying things is a way of life. Most everything I own that moves or goes bang, has been modded.

So I feel you.

Before I buy anything with an engine or things that go bang, I already have mods planned. Like I said. It's a way of life.

Loony661

Stock chainsaws suck.
GoldMember
Local time
7:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
West Coast Saw (WCS) makes a “fallers suspension kit” for the 462 and 500i that stiffen up the AV on those saws helping them to perform better with longer bars.. I run 25” all day on my 462 and sometimes I wish I had made that upgrade, and other days I’m content the way it is..