Is this new?

dahmer

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
5:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Quick trip to Rural King today and naturally had to visit the saw area. Noticed this hanging in the chain racks. Never saw this before. Is it new, wonder how it cuts and really wondering how it would sharpen.
67F2952D-1AFF-4D2C-94F2-276BC15B9FC0.jpeg

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
5:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Titanium, did you notice price?
I buy stuff at that place I didn't know I needed.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:20 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The logo on the chain tells me it is the same chain that Sunbelt Outdoor Products (A&I Products) sell under the name Timber Ridge. It is made in China. Fairly good quality but I don't like how rivets were done on the bulk chain I got from Sunbelt.

Matter of fact they came out with a premium grade but my sales rep would not or could not tell me what the improvement were so I just switched just over to Oregon since I knew their quality. But when the A&I sales rep can't tell you anything that leaves me in the dark and I don't like that. I had trouble all year with A&I otherwise. To the point when they sent an email saying they so overloaded with orders they could not keep up; I just suspended ordering from them until at the end of the year. I was going to order 4 rolls of bulk chain but since chain saw repairs have been way down this year I am a little leery of having so much stock on hand anyway.

Besides my Oregon distributor seems to deliver on time and have the products in stock that I need. Plus they have most of the other parts in stock I ordering.

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Titanium Nitride is common coating for tool steel to reduce wear. Marketing scheme if you axe me...:loco:
About what I found out so I not buying into the scheme.

I tried some taps that were Titanium Carbonitride coated which supposed a step above Titanium Nitride and the coating wore off in no time flat.

Nutball

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whoever makes that chain, I find it on a lot of stuff nowadays like battery saws and as individual replacement chains. I wasn't sure if Oregon or Archer or who was making it. Looks Chinese for sure.

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Whoever makes that chain, I find it on a lot of stuff nowadays like battery saws and as individual replacement chains. I wasn't sure if Oregon or Archer or who was making it. Looks Chinese for sure.
The '000' stamped on the links is the logo for 'Tri-Link'. Their chain is sold under many brand names, and several private labels, for Home Depot, Tractor Supply, and others.

Screen shot 2021-07-10 at 8.10.12 AM.png

Philbert

AVB

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
According to my distributor of the Timber Ridge version (same logo on the straps) it is made in China. I quit buying it after I started receiving chains where on the spun rivets you could hang your finger nail on the outer edge; otherwords, not fully spun down. I did get good reports about it overall performance from my customers however.

They did supposedly came with a premium version (a new and improved version) but my sales rep couldn't tell me what the improvements were.

Now i did run into about 8 chains from one customer with no logo that were very hard. It was a real pain to hand sharpen which I brought the Oregon chain grinder that I have now finally getting comfortable with. So much better than the junk HF grinder.