High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

iPower SUA2000 Generator Troubles - - Pullcord difficult

scott.carlson

New OPE Member
Local time
5:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
So, this unit was difficult to pull-start. Cord moved but was difficult. Thought it was the motor but was not. Took off the stator/housing from the rotor from the rear of the generator and the engine spun easily. I noticed there was some magnet slivers on the rotor and thought that was the problem with the slivers impinging the rotor to turn inside the stator. Nope, not it.

I was reading online that they unplugged the generator from the control panel from the front of the unit (plug has 2 white and 3 black wires plugging into the bottom of the control panel). When I did this with the stator/housing securely in place, the engine/generator again turned freely. Hmmmmm

I thought there must be a magnetic / electrical problem between the stator / rotor. Sooooo, I tried to "flash" the electric field of the rotor in the generator with a corded drill by plugging it into the outlet on the front of the unit and turning the chuck backwards - - with the 5 wire plug plugged in and the unit in the on position. Maybe this isn't the problem because the pull-start cord for the generator is still difficult to pull with gen cable plugged in. And, maybe I did this incorrectly.

But, do you have any suggestions????

Thank you so much

Scott

Husky268

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
8:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Sounds like the Inverter is bad.