High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Impact of COVID-19 on Business – Oregon would like your feedback

Outdoor Power Opinions

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
1:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Hello members of the Outdoor Power Equipment forum. I hope that your family and friends are healthy and well and that you are able to weather the current health crisis we are all dealing with.

Here at Oregon we are trying to understand how the coronavirus is affecting people in the logging industry in the US and Canada. If you have a few minutes I’d like to ask if you could complete this very brief survey to tell us what is happening where you are.

Those completing the survey will receive a $20 Amazon gift card for their time (emailed to you at the end of our study in about 1-2 weeks).

Start the survey here: http://surveys.blount.com/survey/selfserve/203a/200301

Your participation increases the quality and relevance of the data and will help us make more informed decisions as we navigate through this challenging time. This survey will close on Friday, March 26.

Questions? You can email me at: support@outdoor-power-opinions.com

Thank you & be well - Sabrina

Wood Doctor

Edwin
Local time
3:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Loggers around here are aware but not overly concerned about the CO-19, The 1968-69 Hong Kong flu killed 34,000 USA Americans and a million worldwide. CO-19 has a long way to go to reach that.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tree's are still falling here in WA, but time will tell if there going to close WA, off we shall see what happens in five more days if things change people in this state aren't taking it to serious that's for sure.

Dub11

Saw R skeery
GoldMember
Local time
3:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Tree's are still falling here in WA, but time will tell if there going to close WA, off we shall see what happens in five more days if things change people in this state aren't taking it to serious that's for sure.

They gots to make the pulp for all the TP still.

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The Croatian Forestry supposedly seized all their activities Monday this week.

I noticed the logging trucks to be fewer by each day this week.
With the Croatian Forestry (which is holding all logging rights) not working they have no logs to distribute.

I have no idea whether the Croatian Forestry utilizes Oregon products or not, but yes the logging industry is impacted in Croatia.

I know the OP says USA & Canada, I still felt like commenting.

Cheers

andyshine77

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hey Ken, did they let you complete the survey? I answered firewood and they stopped me saying the wanted another area.
Yeah I used to sell firewood and still cut quite a bit of it, so that's what I answered, guess that's not good enough lol. Though it sounded like a ploy.

ktmtigger

Super OPE Member
Local time
4:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Did the survey yesterday and no gift card yet

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
9:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Wonkydonkey

Plastic member
Local time
8:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I didn’t do the survey, I just felt it was just for a more than likely sales slump survey before the shops have sold the stock. And also to determine the need in production and time factor later down the road
After all they could have just asked the shops...how’s sales going..etc...

OldJack

Super OPE Member
Local time
2:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Yep and the shelves have been empty for a month now we've got people coming from different town's coming here buy up all the food now to "F" Stoopid.

I was low on toilet paper the week before the virus hit the fan, so I bought a 12 pak. Checked the TP aisle today and was a bit surprised to find that they are almost fully stocked. They were out of bread. This is a small town country store.

Fullkip

Timber Faller/Saw Porter/Hunting Guide
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Survey done... I have enough saws to probably retire...
Like that's ever going to happen ... lol
Just will need mix and wedges oh at some point tape fillers.

MG porting

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Update WA, State is under a stay home order now because the dummy's just couldn't do what was asked of them so now there going to find out how it's like to be me for the past month I've been doing my part and getting used to it but these ignorant assess there going to take it really hard and I don't feel sorry for them.............

Outdoor Power Opinions

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Hello members of the Outdoor Power Equipment forum. I hope that your family and friends are healthy and well and that you are able to weather the current health crisis we are all dealing with.

Here at Oregon we are trying to understand how the coronavirus is affecting people in the logging industry in the US and Canada. If you have a few minutes I’d like to ask if you could complete this very brief survey to tell us what is happening where you are.

Those completing the survey will receive a $20 Amazon gift card for their time (emailed to you at the end of our study in about 1-2 weeks).

Start the survey here: http://surveys.blount.com/survey/selfserve/203a/200301

Your participation increases the quality and relevance of the data and will help us make more informed decisions as we navigate through this challenging time. This survey will close on Friday, March 26.

Questions? You can email me at: support@outdoor-power-opinions.com

Thank you & be well - Sabrina

Thanks to everyone that has either answered our survey or tried to do so, and I know there were quite a few that did not get through. Please know that I really appreciate all the interest I get when I post on this site, and I hope to include more of you next time I have a research or field testing opportunity.

Our survey will close on Friday at the end of the day. If you are a logger and are inclined to complete our survey, I would ask that you do so by then. For those of you that have completed the survey, I will try and get your gift cards out as soon as possible! The Amazon code will come in your email, so please be sure to check your spam boxes if you do not see your code by April 3. They will come from outdoor-power-opinions@outdoor-power-opinions.com. Please also feel free to visit www.outdoor-power-opinions.com to make sure you are part of our regular group of research and/or field test participants.

Thank you again - stay safe all.
Sabrina