Not open for further replies.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
11:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Still can't upload pics here. I'd love to post some. I'm on a laptop 90% of the time and my camera is in the 7mb range. When I select upload, I get the option to find my photo and after I select it, the progress bar goes the whole way through to 100% but then it doesn't change from there. No option to post thumb/full.
My photobucket account is almost maxed and I won't meander to another host site. resizing every pic I have isn't really an option either.

Hope some settings can be tweaked. Most other forums I participate in allow me to upload with no issue. Res is typically 5200x3900ish. Not looking to post tremendous sized pics either, just want to be able to share.
TIA

Jon1212

Birch! Please.....
Local time
9:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
What do you mean? Are you showing me that a huge photo works on your phone now?

No, I'm showing you that I can attach a normal photo, and prior to submitting it as a reply it is sized normally for the page. Once submitted it turns into a poster sized picture.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
4:45 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I am pretty sure you are on the track @exCanuck, it's probleby what you installed on friday. I see the same as Jon ref to.

I only have experience with vBulletin forums and it's almost a decade since, still remember how tricky some of the scrips where, so I know what you have to fix is not an easy task.

Landmark

Chainsaw Hack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
avatar pic help needed. I can upload pics and see pics fine in post but my avatar pic is junk!! I resized in windows paint and now I have this grainy mess you see. the original is a good detailed pic. how can I get it to upload clearer.

Wolverine

dilligaf
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
DSC00143.JPG
Thumb^

DSC00143.JPG
Full^^
Everything looks and performs as it should on my end, using my laptop and desktop computers. Nothing is huge or runs off screen.

Landmark

Chainsaw Hack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
My desktop is fine too. But my phone has huge partial pics

exCanuck

FartKnockerForum System Admin
GoldMember
Local time
10:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The airplane image uploaded by @Wolverine at 6:03pm Eastern Time, just a half hour before you posted
My desktop is fine too. But my phone has huge partial pics
, works perfectly on my Android phone. Large size is scaled down for display and is clickable. When clicked, it's too big to fit phone screen, but is scrollable. This huge photo is all there on the phone, whereas others weren't on previous HUGE uploads. This fix should work on all future uploads.

Past HUGE uploads are still a problem. I ran a script to resize previous ones too, but it seems to only have worked on some.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I use one lenovo network tablet, android OS, pictures posted doesnt scale correct (pictures posted today same issue), it's kinda like the forum show them on real picture size while the forum scale for our different item (iPhone, computer etc)

Will check on my computer later.

exCanuck

FartKnockerForum System Admin
GoldMember
Local time
10:45 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
pictures posted doesnt scale correct
Do you mean that the AIRPLANE just posted (above), when first viewed inline, doesn't fit? Or do you mean that after you click on it to expand it, THEN it is too big to fit? If it's the latter, you just have to swipe it with your finger to scroll widthwise to see the entire photo. It's all there. That's how it appeared on my Samsung Android phone, anyway. Just tested Wolverine's airplane post on another Android in the office, and, wait for it....

:jump:

it works on that one too!
:dancer2:

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Okey, the airplane posted :)
When I see the forum, the whole nose to the airplane doesnt show up.
Turning my tablet i see more of the airplane
If I click on the airplane it show up full size as it should, that part work

Dont know if it make sense

Edit: it's the inline picture who doesnt work correct

Last edited:

Landmark

Chainsaw Hack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The airplane image uploaded by @Wolverine at 6:03pm Eastern Time, just a half hour before you posted , works perfectly on my Android phone. Large size is scaled down for display and is clickable. When clicked, it's too big to fit phone screen, but is scrollable. This huge photo is all there on the phone, whereas others weren't on previous HUGE uploads. This fix should work on all future uploads.

Past HUGE uploads are still a problem. I ran a script to resize previous ones too, but it seems to only have worked on some.
It works on some. I just tried tapping a pick in the post your 2 series thread and no go. I think there are still some bugs to work out before we can see all the pics normally

Landmark

Chainsaw Hack
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I can hold down and either save, copy or cancel. I dont want to do any of these. I just want to see. I dont understand why this cannot be fixed like on other forums. I hope it is still being worked out.

Tor R

GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just my update.
Pictures scale nice inline on my iPhone (first time I use it here)
They dont scale inline on my little tablet that I use now (Android OS).
They dont scale inline on my home computer.
None of my items use tapatalk.

I belive you should uninstall what was done on friday and try something else for picture uploading.
Just my 2 cent

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I think it may have something to do with the max file size upload limit. Might be a bit to much.

Status
Not open for further replies.