davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
2:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So if one wants to have the cookies still usable for making little fires or as kindling, etc., how thick?

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I was thinking about it because I have some monster cookies some tree demo guys made from eucalyptus and my buddy ended up with years ago. They're around 40" and 4" thick. I think they made them that way so they could roll them out of the yard. Anyway, worked out good cuz they can be hand split into little chunks for small fires in small stove. Euc is often unsplittable by hand.

Wood Chopper

So so sleepy....
Local time
5:56 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Thos ain't cookies, they're potato chips!

I guess a good cookie length is what the decorator ladies will pay $10 a pop for...

I had some craft lady buy some cookies from me once. I forget what she gave me for a 5 gallon bucket. I said tell your friends!!! lol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ucm931

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
I was thinking about it because I have some monster cookies some tree demo guys made from eucalyptus and my buddy ended up with years ago. They're around 40" and 4" thick. I think they made them that way so they could roll them out of the yard. Anyway, worked out good cuz they can be hand split into little chunks for small fires in small stove. Euc is often unsplittable by hand.
Some peeps might buy those to make small tables and such. YMMV

davidwyby

Tree felling enthusiast
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I should put this in my wood processing thread.

Large and funky grain or crotch mesquite gets milled for lumber, it’s $ They say. Small is for BBQs.

Yellow pine straight grain is firewood. My buddy want to try making stuff out of the funky wood. My wife likes the cookies for decorating.

Eucalyptus so far just firewood, but want to mill some if I can find some not too cracked and someone who wants to mill it. I’m betting it’s too hard to Alaskan mill.

Anyway, point being, there is$ in wood besides firewood and lumber. Live edge slabs are $$$ I think.

Dustin4185

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wonder how they keep the cookies from splitting?
That’s the issue I had. My wife wanted a snowman out of cookies. I cut them 3” thick and they still split.