ICS 613GC Concrete saw

RockySawz11

OPE Member
Local time
12:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
hello guys,

i've been reading and studying a lot on OPE and have learned truck loads of great info!

here's my problem ... ics 613gc concrete chainsaw. it is a 80cc powerhead with a 14" diamond chain. it does not run. it does not cough. it does nothing! it was not running when it was dropped off.

i have ... drained old fuel ... replaced in tank fuel filter ... inspected fuel inlet line and is ok ... replaced spark plug and have confirmed good spark by grounding plug to cyl. head ... i have tried champion plug and ngk plug, both new, both correct type, both correct gap ... flywheel and key are ok ... cyl. compression is 125-130psi. ... exhaust is clear with no heavy carbon deposits ... walbro wj104 carb rebuild kit installed ... carb is clean as a whistle.

i have ... removed cyl. head and confirmed that there is no scoring on cyl. walls ... rings look fine ... i swapped top ring to the bottom and bottom to the top ... piston is ok ... new cyl. base gasket. ... decompression valve is plugged.

i can pull the recoil start ### times and the thing never coughs, sputters, nothing! i thought i had flooded it ... drained fuel, pulled plug, removed carb and set it on its side in front of a diesel heater for 3 hrs. to dry it out. i have shot a bit of carb cleaner directly in the head through the spark plug hole and cranked and cranked ... no cough, no chug, no nothing!

any ideas?
SD

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
1:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The compression sounds low. Id think it would need to be at least 150.

RockySawz11

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
where do i begin looking ... rings are free ... piston looks good ... no scoring that i can see on cyl. wall ???
i do not have a pressure/vac gauge ... perhaps crankshaft seals?

Steve

Excellence!
GoldMember
Local time
1:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
How big of a gap can the spark jump? Should be able to jump a minimum of a 1/8 inch. I like to see more than that.

You cant see worn rings without measuring ring gap and piston ring land clearance. Those are both critical to proper cylinder sealing.

exSW

'Cause Thomas is a poopyhead
Local time
2:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Pour a little gas down the carb see if it fires. That's an indication no fuel deliver if it does. Impulse line is bad or blocked. Or the crank seals are bad.

RockySawz11

OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
i have tried a little dribble of gas down the spark plug hole ... it did not even cough. is there a way to check crank seals ... i do not have a pressure/vac pump

smokey7

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
2:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Check the flywheel key and the polarity of the magnets on thw flywheel. Also check the coil gap

1Snowcat

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I had the exact same experience today but it was the ISC 680... took almost 2 hrs to get this one started today, compression was 125 lbs cold, brand new premium gas and stihl 2 stroke oil... we flooded this unit... I couldn't even get it to pop using ether.... could see the spark on plug against the cylinder... pulled our butts off.... finally it popped and fired.... but, the absolute hardest starting 2 stroke saw I've EVER seen... I've had snowmobiles start easier -10 below...
I even popped the flywheel off just to make sure the key hadn't been sheared off, cut one egress window opening after it started finally
Anybody else ever run one of these ISC saws?

1Snowcat

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The airgap between the coil and flywheel looked big to me just looking but, it did start... and it did fire right up everytime we kept refueling it....? I couldn't find a setting for the gap so I didn't want to goof it up...