Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
12:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Damn! :eek:

For that price I'd get a Makita EA5000 from Steve and have it ported by Kevin, then shipped to Croatia with a detour over Greece at Dan's.
I'd have Sondre do all the leg work.

Oh, wait - I did that already! :p

Well, I could always get another one. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, that is a hefty price for the cc. o_O

Ryan Browne

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

For that price I'd get a Makita EA5000 from Steve and have it ported by Kevin, then shipped to Croatia with a detour over Greece at Dan's.

954.90 Euros equals 1071USD. It’s a expensive for a 50cc saw, I find that a ported one would be better and cheaper.

So, have either of you guys run a 346xp...?

I'm not saying I'd pay that, or that it's reasonable. There's probably still some new ones hiding away on shelves in the US that could be had cheaper. But, the 346 remains a legend for a reason. I paid handsomely for a new 346xpg recently, and I have no regrets, nor would a Makita have tempted me away from the Husqvarna.

ayoungtexan

I tell a lot of lies
Local time
5:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
So, have either of you guys run a 346xp...?

I'm not saying I'd pay that, or that it's reasonable. There's probably still some new ones hiding away on shelves in the US that could be had cheaper. But, the 346 remains a legend for a reason. I paid handsomely for a new 346xpg recently, and I have no regrets, nor would a Makita have tempted me away from the Husqvarna.
I ran a stock one last week. It was a nice saw, but not worth over a grand IMO.

HuskyFan1977

Dave's High Performance Saw Shop
Local time
6:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score

You need to read and contribute to my post "Why are chainsaws so addictive"? lol

CR888

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
8:04 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To be honest the amount of use you can get out of a well chosen pro saw, it matters less than many think as to what it cost. I've got 50 cc saws with several hundred hours under their belt, they literally owe me nothing. If you really want a 346... just buy the damn thing. You'll forget about the price in years to come but will remember how good a saw it was forever. An hour in the dentist chair the other week was the same price as a new 50cc pro saw. Alternatively you can cheap out buy something half the cost that will piss you off every time you look at it.

Basher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
7:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Oh baby! No political correctness in ^ that post, I like it!

Last edited:

shadco

Ban Hammer Custodian
Local time
6:04 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
To be honest the amount of use you can get out of a well chosen pro saw, it matters less than many think as to what it cost. I've got 50 cc saws with several hundred hours under their belt, they literally owe me nothing. If you really want a 346... just buy the damn thing. You'll forget about the price in years to come but will remember how good a saw it was forever. An hour in the dentist chair the other week was the same price as a new 50cc pro saw. Alternatively you can cheap out buy something half the cost that will piss you off every time you look at it.

He is right you know.