Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
11:21 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A friend of mine has a tree service. They dropped this 201t out of a tree. I got it running by setting the gap on the coil. However, it has an air leak somewhere, it’s above my pay grade. I will pay to have it fixed unless it is cost prohibitive.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
12:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a tree service. They dropped this 201t out of a tree. I got it running by setting the gap on the coil. However, it has an air leak somewhere, it’s above my pay grade. I will pay to have it fixed unless it is cost prohibitive.

Shoot me a PM if you are interested.
Seriously ...it looks more imposing then it is. After seeing some of your work on them old muscle saws, there is no doubt you can probably replace the intake manifold or heck rebuild the entire saw. Once you've done one you'll say they are the easiest saws to work on. Warning..the intake is like $40 ifn I members good. I'm sure Steve will get it right for you though. Now, the way to get to Steve's soft spot is to offer him 200/201t parts...so if your buddy with the tree service has some blown up 200t carcasses....Steve will be all over helping ya.
@Lone Wolf
Also is it a TC or a manual carbed unit ?

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wolf of the lone variety?

He is only interested in working on 200T's. Through PMs, he did help me replace the handle and troubleshoot why it wouldn't start. Ended up needing to set the gap on the ignition coil.

Seriously ...it looks more imposing then it is. After seeing some of your work on them old muscle saws, there is no doubt you can probably replace the intake manifold or heck rebuild the entire saw. Once you've done one you'll say they are the easiest saws to work on. Warning..the intake is like $40 ifn I members good. I'm sure Steve will get it right for you though. Now, the way to get to Steve's soft spot is to offer him 200/201t parts...so if your buddy with the tree service has some blown up 200t carcasses....Steve will be all over helping ya.
@Lone Wolf
Also is it a TC or a manual carbed unit ?

You have me confused with Mark Heimann. People get us confused a lot. It's a manual carb.

Last edited:

angelo c

Coal Member
Local time
12:21 PM
User ID
Reaction score
He is only interested in working on 200T's. Through PMs, he did help me replace the handle and troubleshoot why it wouldn't start. Ended up needing to set the gap on the ignition coil.

You have me confused with Mark Heimann. People get us confused a lot. It's a manual carb.
Yes I did. My apology.
So Steve said it's an air leak ? When you replaced the handle are you certain the impulse hose was connected solidly on the barb behind the carb (actually part of the handle. And are you sure the little metal ring in the intake and around the intake are in and seated proper ?

Hinerman

Mastermind Approved!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
No, Steve didn’t say it had an air leak. Haven’t talk to him since he helped me get it started. The saw revs at high rpm with no throttle and carb adjustments do nothing.

I’m not certain or sure of anything. I’m mechanically deficient unfortunately.