Local time
3:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got banned from TBN for posting three simple letters;

LGB.

:squezer:
Well I am not sure but to me TBN is Trinity Broadcasting Network and LGB is missing a Q and a T. Now like I said before I ain't real bright. :)

Last edited:

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I got banned from TBN for posting three simple letters;

LGB.

:squezer:

Ain't nobody getting banned over stuff like that here. But myself, or another mod might delete a post that is political in nature, and ask you to refrain from it in the future.

Sometimes they get butthurt and start saying stuff about being censored and stuff. Raising hell at the moderators for doing a job they volunteer for.

It's at this point that people get banned.

Mack 880

Happy to Stihl be Here
Local time
4:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The picture is of Angie. It was posted in a thread that discussed the change in ownership and predicted user fees. The owner of the site buys forums and charges users. That is their business model. Anyhow, the thread has been deleted and I was banned.
Now I'm curious - who or what organization bought the site (if they can be named without violating any TOS)?

Mastermind

Chief Cat Herder
Staff member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Now I'm curious - who or what organization bought the site (if they can be named without violating any TOS)?
We don't censor any other forums names here.....just a few profanities.

You can type Arboristsite here.

But I realize you are asking who bought the forum....and I'm not sure of their name. They also bought SawHawgz, and have made an offer on this forum.

Duce

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

But I realize you are asking who bought the forum....and I'm not sure of their name. They also bought SawHawgz, and have made an offer on this forum.
Was it a bad, good or great offer?

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
If OPEForum ever goes to paid membership fees I am out!

I do pay the Goldie Member thing (although it is the same color as before I opted to pay?!), but that is on a voluntary basis and to show support to this otherwise free forum.

I would love to support HLSupply too (actually have a couple times through Sondre), but shipping from the US to Croatia is just crazy expensive.

I came here over from AS early on following whom I thought and think are good folk, never regretted it!

The only "infraction" I ever got over on AS was a PM by a Mod asking me to reduce the size of my signature - I just removed it altogether.
I did get AS stickers sent by mail for being a long time member.

Bill G

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Well heck that sounds like someone is trying to create a damn monopoly

Wilhelm

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
10:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
A monopoly on chainsaw themed forums?
What do they expect to gain?
People will just create new forums and migrate there, if they are smart.

The only thing I regret is that they gain all the accumulated info contained in existing forums they buy up!

Bill G

Super OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
So is SawHawgz gone then?

jed1124

Well-Known OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve never been asked to pay anything over there but the ads are getting painful. I had one pop up that blocked the reply button so every time I tried to reply I opened the ad.
It was on my phone so it may have not been the case on a regular pc.

nbbt

Here For The Long Haul!
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score

A monopoly on chainsaw themed forums?
What do they expect to gain?
People will just create new forums and migrate there, if they are smart.

The only thing I regret is that they gain all the accumulated info contained in existing forums they buy up!
Angie or andy have take over other forum types as well, I know of at least one motorcycle forum, they/she bought it after the ower passes away, changed the forum software and a lot of people were getting the spam mails as well. fjrforum dot com. I closed my account there. . .

Some of the threads that had spoke about the new owners got changed to not viewable/ or deleted after people caught on as to what was going on.

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
2:16 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I’ve gotten several Emails from AS trying to get me to spend more time over there. I hate the adds and layout and really only look on there if a google search pull’s something old up. The content is way down in quality. It feels like a sinking ship.

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Angie or andy have take over other forum types as well, I know of at least one motorcycle forum, they/she bought it after the ower passes away, changed the forum software and a lot of people were getting the spam mails as well. fjrforum dot com. I closed my account there. . .

Some of the threads that had spoke about the new owners got changed to not viewable/ or deleted after people caught on as to what was going on.
I may have been on that site. Or was it fjforum... I have an 81 xj550 Seca... I was in there years ago.

NateSaw

Pinnacle OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
It's sad to read all this. I guess business is business but I agree, packing up and moving, leaving all the info behind sucks. I play/record music. I've had similar experiences with open source software getting locked up like audacity... And soon, the incredible ardour daw.