Hywayparts.com

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
6:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I'm pretty sure I was scammed by this site. Ordered a cylinder kit and two dual ports over a month ago and I have yet to receive a tracking number and my order still shows "processing" on their site. I've messaged them about 5 times and filed a claim with paypal. Hopefully I will get my money back. Stay away from hywayparts.com

Bjorn

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Hello. If you are going to bye stuff from Taiwan or Singapore, there is only DHL Express for shipping, because of the Corona virus. A friend of mine ordered a 660 BB kit from Hywayparts.com. And he get the money back because they couldent deliver With standard shipping.

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Ended up getting a refund through paypal. So I guess I'll order it through HL supply. Maybe I'll just go with the cross.

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe put up a want to buy add for some used oem parts.
OEM cylinders are hard to come by and I don't mind the knock offs I like modifying them a little to get them to run better. I wanted to play with one of the bb pop up kits but, they never sent it. I'll probably play with porting my cheap ft cylinder and if I screw it up I'll get another or a cross mmws

sledneck22

But, is the chain sharp?
GoldMember
Local time
8:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same thing happened to me back in december. Placed an order, paid through paypal, and nothing went past processing. I did the same thing as you and posted a complaint through paypal. I got my money back.
I have had good luck with hyway parts. But you need to order from someone in the states that has it stocked otherwise your project might be on hold for 2 years.
I'd just as soon pay a middle man $5-$10 more in the states than just send all that money straight overseas. Plus it shows up about 63 days sooner.

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Same thing happened to me back in december. Placed an order, paid through paypal, and nothing went past processing. I did the same thing as you and posted a complaint through paypal. I got my money back.
I have had good luck with hyway parts. But you need to order from someone in the states that has it stocked otherwise your project might be on hold for 2 years.
I'd just as soon pay a middle man $5-$10 more in the states than just send all that money straight overseas. Plus it shows up about 63 days sooner.

Wasn't that about the "heighth" of the biggest World Wide Pandemic in over 100 years?
I'm guessing Hyway isn't a HUGE GLOBAL COMPANY with tens of thousands of employees with offices scattered over the world...

I would guess patience was a vertue back in December (Pre Vaccine).

Hopefully they will rebound (like ALL other small business's devastated by Dec. 2020).

Gullet

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag

Shows up 63 days earlier?
Where did that number come from?

sledneck22

But, is the chain sharp?
GoldMember
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Wasn't that about the "heighth" of the biggest World Wide Pandemic in over 100 years?
I'm guessing Hyway isn't a HUGE GLOBAL COMPANY with tens of thousands of employees with offices scattered over the world...

I would guess patience was a vertue back in December (Pre Vaccine).

Hopefully they will rebound (like ALL other small business's devastated by Dec. 2020).

I should have been more specific, it was dec. of 2019. There may have been covid-19 issues at that time, but my order stayed in processing for 31 days (just checked for exact data). No replies, no help. So I canceled through paypal.

The "63 days" was sarcasm.

Ronie

Here For The Long Haul!
Local time
9:19 PM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Maybe things in Taiwan are getting back to normal, I order a couple of things Aug. 1st and they got it shipped of pretty fast.

Screenshot 2021-08-05 6.48.18 AM.png

Jason628

Super OPE Member
Local time
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Haven't been doing very many chainsaw projects lately. Been playing with dirtbikes. Thinking about selling my rmz450 and rm250 and getting a 2022 yz250x. They are hard to come by here so I might start looking in idaho and possibly Montana otherwise I might have a line on one but, I have to wait until November