High Quality Chainsaw Bars Husqvarna Toys

Hyway 372 crankshafts anybody tried these?

Gord

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Just wondering if the quality of Hyway cranks are good, have been using NewWest and seem to have had no problems with them over a year or more on saws that go out of here for heavy use but have a hard time getting them lately - I generally use OEM if the crank is in good enough shape to be reused but 5 of my 372's have held up nicely and a couple of 390's with New West

irhunter

Active OPE Member
Local time
3:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Where have you bought the New West parts?

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
1:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn’t be surprised if NWP and Hyway cranks are made in the same factory. I can’t say I trust either brand. Haven’t used one though.

Gord

Super OPE Member
Local time
12:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I wouldn’t be surprised if NWP and Hyway cranks are made in the same factory. I can’t say I trust either brand. Haven’t used one though.
Well got about 8 out thee in 372 and 390's and been over a year and haven't had any problems I know of and these saws don't have an easy life, I guess that is what I was wondering if Hyway are made by NWP

Ketchup

Epoxy member
Local time
1:26 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
The only Asian crank I have run much is Famertech 200t and I haven’t had a problem with it. I don’t hear as many complaints about cranks as I do jugs and pistons from Hyway and NWP. Plenty of bad castings mixed in with good ones. The crank design on 372 is extra beefy, so that would probably help as well.

I know NWP had some major quality control issues when Baileys got involved. It seemed there production sources changed several times with a wide variation of quality. I think it’s settled down now.

Hyway seems to still be it’s own show. Their manufacturing capabilities have dramatically improved in the last 3 or 4 years.

If you’re buying from Ryan at Wolf Creek you’re in good hands. He has replaced anything I’m not happy with. You could also
ask him directly if the NWP cranks are the same as the Hyways. He knows a fair bit about the AM production scene over there.

Sorry I don’t have more personal experience.