Hydraulic jack replacement piston seal

Pincher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
Does anyone have a source for cup seals for hydraulic jacks? Hercules seals are only good for 2500 psi.

2" od x .5" id for an old yellow john deere hydraulic jack my brother is attempting to fix.

Last edited:

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
If he is repacking the cylinder himself I would hollar at a deere dealer and have them find you a modern replacement part number with the correct specs. They can probably order them at a realatively decent price too. My boss likes to cut corners on that kind of stuff. As a result I have pulled and repacked a steer jack on an Ingersoll roller 5 times in the last year because of non spec china seals

Pincher

Pinnacle OPE Member
Local time
4:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
Country flag
I used to work at a deere dealer. The parts guys that were capable and willing to attempt to find oddball stuff are retired or dead. I did find a phone number off of deere website he can call to find service parts for shop equipment.

Cooper264

Well-Known OPE Member
GoldMember
Local time
5:11 AM
User ID
Reaction score
I used to work at a deere dealer. The parts guys that were capable and willing to attempt to find oddball stuff are retired or dead. I did find a phone number off of deere website he can call to find service parts for shop equipment.

I heard that. Hard to find good CS anywhere nowadays